Q's on crafing a plan (Read 533 times)

Non ducor, duco.

Im trying to make sense of Pfitzinger's plan in Serious Road Racing. Can anyone help me? I realize this probably the same question that has been asked a zillion different ways. This week I have scheduled Tues 5 mile- recovery (super slow 65%MHR) Wednesday 8X100/5 miles total Thurs 8 at lactate threshold run at 70-85% MHR Frid 5 mile recovery Sat 4 mile Sun- 9 mile lactate threshold run at 70-85% MHR My question is about the recovery runs. I feel like since I have started this that my hard days aren't too hard and while my long days are getting longer, they aren't hard either. I would like to do Tues, Friday or Sat as a tempo run. Is that a bad idea?

Non ducor, duco.

I think Long Run Nickjust answered my question.
      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

You've got enough quality in you're schedule; no need to add more. You should never finish a workout feeling like you gave 100%, that's what racing is for. While you almost certainly could add another tempo run in there, it's not a good idea. I bet you a nickel if you keep your schedule as is, you'll find that you'll be plenty challenged within a few weeks.