Sport Tracks / Garmin mapping problem (Read 867 times)

rkeddie

Can this be fixed? When I got home and uploaded my run, the map on Sport Tracks ( and Garmin Training Zone) show me running a bizarre route through buildings rather than just down the street. It isn't a huge deal, but I'd love to edit it and correct the route if possible. I'd upload the pic, but am not sure how here.
      In the upper left hand corner of the route image, there is a box called "edit." After clicking edit, a drop down menu appears. Again, select edit. Zoom in on the section of the map you would like to fix. Click on the route line and drag it to where it should be. Hope that helps! Smile ETA: This is for Sport Tracks. I don't think Garmin Training Center has this capability....basically, it sucks.
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Brian, thanks for that info.
          My issue with Sport Tracks 2.0 is that it doesn't show the pictures from Google Maps, it just shows the route I've run on a white background... I read a couple of posts in the application forums, but couldn't find a solution... Any feedback?
          PRs 5K 21:44 10K 51:35 51:09 48:41
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

My issue with Sport Tracks 2.0 is that it doesn't show the pictures from Google Maps, it just shows the route I've run on a white background... I read a couple of posts in the application forums, but couldn't find a solution... Any feedback?
            I've got 2.0, and right now, I'm looking at my route on the satellite image from Google Maps. I clicked on the little down arrow at the top right of the route section, and then clicked on "satellite." That doesn't work for you?
              On occasion, especially when you switch zoom levels rapidly or move around to different map tiles rapidly, the Google satellite server will block your IP. It does this, apparently, because it thinks that you are a bot trying to bulk download images, which is a violation of Google's TOS and the licensing data for the satellite images. Take a look at this Google help page next time you have a problem. Chances are that you'll find your IP has been temporarily blocked from the satellite server, resulting in blank tiles in SportTracks. Unfortunately, there's no great solution for this at present. Try waiting a second or two every time you switch zoom levels, and go a little more slowly when panning around on the map. If you do get cut off from the server, the service will be restored after a short time.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Teresadfp, Berner, I've actually never managed to see any single image/tile from Google Maps in my laptop, and Google Maps (and Google Earth!) have always worked just fine. I know, it's weird...
                PRs 5K 21:44 10K 51:35 51:09 48:41
                  Teresadfp, Berner, I've actually never managed to see any single image/tile from Google Maps in my laptop, and Google Maps (and Google Earth!) have always worked just fine. I know, it's weird...
                  Could be a firewall or network traffic configuration issue then. SportTracks acts like a web browser for purposes of getting the image tiles; if something is preventing it from doing so, then it won't be able to retrieve the image tiles.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.