To the RA peeps in warmer climates... (Read 692 times)

the weather here in Louisiana is like a gamble...yesterday morning it was 60F then warmed up to almost 70 but was pouring rain but was clear and sunny and extremely windy by the afternoon and immideatly froze so this morning it was 25 F....it does this all the time one day your in a tank top and its nearly 80 and the next day you whip out the sweaters again. I just wish it'd make up its mind and stay steady...at least i could get used to a temperature!!! By the time its summer though it will just be hot and humid every day..yuck!
      We've (Milwaukee) had similar weather as other have described over the past 24 hours. So I'm watching the news this morning and they have some bundled up news person on a downtown corner warning people that it's not safe to go outside, only go outside if you absolutely must, take every precaution, take bottled water, flare guns, blah, blah, blah, and all of a sudden, in the background, some dude on a bicycle drives past and waves at the camera. Maybe you had to be there but it made me laugh.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

You'll ruin your knees!

...anyone got a spare room I can bunk in for the next 24 hours? Roll eyes
        Not sure anyone actually answered your question... C'mon down, zoominator, we'll always have a room for you here in TX!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Think Whirled Peas

Man, I do sorta want to go run in this stuff just for HTFU points (and the sun is coming out, so there's a certain moderating effect that has...
          ZZ, there was a BET going on at the office on whether or not I would go out and run today in this crap. I found out after lunch, and I lost some major HTFU points from some peeps today! Black eye

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

We have another snow day tomorrow. Evidently the mayor thinks any snow is a great day to have a snow-day which is a great opportunity for "families to have fun together." Not a bad idea, in my mind. But I wish we had real snow and not snow mixed with rain and sleet and slush which is just icky.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Wow, I'm a total wimp. I get cold when it gets below 60 and that's why I run on the treadmill so much. I handle hot weather a lot better than I do cold but I think part of that was being born in the tropics where it's a cool day if it drops below 80. Perfect running weather for me is in the low to mid 60s.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not sure anyone actually answered your question... C'mon down, zoominator, we'll always have a room for you here in TX!
                I *heart* TX...though I might not be saying that in 6 months from now when it's 80 here and 110 there... Wink Lank, that news report sounds SO 'sconny! Only thing that would have made it funnier is if he had been wearing either a cheesehead hat or a viking helmet. Wink Mike/PoQ...had I not been battling a lower respiratory bug I totally would have gone out today for at least a couple of miles...I loves me some HTFU points! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Zoomy - I have a couch here you can crash on. It is supposed to be back in the 50's next week. I think we are going to start getting spring now that we got our 3 days of winter. (A bit like Tennessee if you ask me!) But for sure for sure it will be warmer than where you are!!!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think we're supposed to be in the mid 30s most of next week, which is not all that atypical for this area. I like running in that weather...warm enough so the roads aren't icy and no need for excessive layers or risk of frostbite. Big grin I'm predicting an especially bad year for potholes, though...this freeze/thaw/freeze/thaw business is really bad news. We bought extra wheel/tire insurance for our car for that reason. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just gotta love those michigan potholes..... Tongue