Is there a 'club' for those who have run enough to circle the Earth? (Read 948 times)

JimR

The Earth's circumference at the equator is 24901.55 miles.  If there is a club, are you eligible?  I'm not there yet, I have a little under 5000 miles to go.

xor

I haven't come across a club, but I know a couple guys who refer to the idea a lot (one of them just finished his 3rd circle).  Late last year, I realized I had made it halfway since starting to track my mileage here.

I'll ask them and see if they know.

The first hit from The Google using your question to search.  The fifth hit is a nice discussion about "Does the bible teach that the earth is flat."  Verynice!

I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

Runners run

xor

I have heard these people are a bunch of circle jerks.

Feeling the growl again

I'm sure there are a few here.  I was actually curious on my lifetime mileage awhile back and added up the rough numbers.  I come out with 34-40K miles over 20 years.  Since the numbers for the first 10 years are simply estimates this is probably on the conservative side.  When I roll over the odometer (100K) I will congratulate myself.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

You'll ruin your knees!

When I roll over the odometer (100K) I will congratulate myself.

I have one of those old-style odometers... ran out of digits so it just starts back at 00000... Sad

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

xor

Something funny just happened.

JimR

Something funny just happened.

That guy finally posted those jokes he wanted to share?

dennrunner

I have 1 lap, and I have a good shot at 2 laps. But I'll definitely die during my 3rd lap.  Now, I'm kinda sad.  These laps are too long.

Finally, I understand this song!

Now everybody in the club gettin tipsy,
                      everybody in the club gettin tipsy,
                      everybody in the club gettin tipsy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

The Earth's circumference at the equator is 24901.55 miles.  If there is a club, are you eligible?  I'm not there yet, I have a little under 5000 miles to go.

A several years ago, Keizo Yamada, the 1953 Boston Marathon champion, showed me a small medal with the face of "the father of Japan's marathoning", Shizo Kanaguri,  He told me it was given to anybody who had run 300,000km.  Apparenly, that's 9 times around the earth:  http://www.lydiardfoundation.org/blog/EntryDisplay.aspx?EntryID=111