General purpose shoe to take on vacation (Read 920 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

We're going to be flying to Florida for vacation and to minimize the amount of luggage we need to take I'm considering taking just a single pair of shoes with me. I'd want something that would be comfortable enough to wear all day, but could also be used for short easy runs. Anyone have any suggestions?

Richard

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

an amazing likeness

Looking at your log, looks like you've got some good options with your NB 7xxx that have a couple hundred miles on them.  They won't be "hurt" by wearing them around.  If you're really looking for something that isn't a running shoe for casual wear so that you're not doing everything in running shoes, that you could run a few miles each day...then obviously this isn't a good solution.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That was my first thought, but then I thought it would be a good excuse to buy some new shoes Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Last vacation I took my Nike Frees.  Look great, comfy to walk around in, light mesh so they don't get too sweaty.  But I can't run more than 4 miles in them yet as my calves are still adapting.

Anyway, it was nice to pack light.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Id take two pairs of shoes ---- one for walking around and one for running in (that can substitute for walking shoes if you find you need a second pair)......   I find that I normally need 2 pairs on a trip, no matter what I think beforeI head out...

Champions are made when no one is watching

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I decided to go check out the Nike Frees, but I didn't like the way they fit. The arch felt kind of funky to me. They also had the Reebok Realflex and I kept seeing that commercial in my head with the 76 little training buddies, so I figured what the heck. They were pretty darn comfortable and felt good walking. I drank the kool-aid and bought a pair. I'll take them out for a short test run later this week and see how they do.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I just grab a pair and go. 

mikeymike

Flip flops.

Runners run

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Flip flops.

I can't even walk in flip flops. I'd seriously hurt myself if I tried to run in them.

mikeymike

Oh I wouldn't run in them but if I was going to take 1 pair of shoes to Florida for vacation, it would be flip flops.

Runners run

keeponrunning

Last time I was in Florida, I packed my regular runners to [obviously] run in, and then a pair of sandals for the rest of the time.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022