I need a vacation! (Read 562 times)

uncontrollable

Thinking of 'getting away' this Winter - somewhere warm - can't seem to narrow it down!  I like to relax but get bored easy ... my husband & friends are focused on a cruise - I just feel so "contained" on cruises and I feel like besides eating & drinking, what seems like all the time ... or at the very least: WAY TOO MUCH there is not much to do.  Is it just me?  Have any of you had amazing cruise experiences?

Anyone planning to go away or been away in the past couple months & have a suggestion?

We have 7-9 days.

peace

Mexico.

I am there now.  Can still get my run in every morning prior to getting seriously drunk every night!

Smile

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm in Costa Rica right now.  Been here 2 weeks and flying home to snowy Colorado tomorrow.  Love it here - it's our 2nd trip.  Also went to Belize last year, and loved that too.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Can you really ever go wrong with Florida in winter? :-) Since moving to Ohio, I've learned to fly South a few times in the winter to keep my sanity in the colder months. (I'm originally from Texas and then lived in Tennessee for 7 years.) In the summer, I migrate North to run races.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Wing

Joggaholic

Thinking of 'getting away' this Winter - somewhere warm - can't seem to narrow it down!  I like to relax but get bored easy ... my husband & friends are focused on a cruise - I just feel so "contained" on cruises and I feel like besides eating & drinking, what seems like all the time ... or at the very least: WAY TOO MUCH there is not much to do.  Is it just me?  Have any of you had amazing cruise experiences?

Anyone planning to go away or been away in the past couple months & have a suggestion?

We have 7-9 days.

If you like being adventurous traveling in foreign countries in not-so-touristy places while not being able to speak the local language, cruise is not the way to go. However, if you want to just sit back and relax and not to worry about schedules, lugging around (or losing) your baggage, and having to entertain (or losing) your young child every hour, and trying to catch daily trains/planes/buses, then cruises are great. I have a young kid, so I favor lazy cruise vacations where I can recuperate and regain sanity rather than expend more energy and lose my mind Tongue

I'm moving to New Zealand in a few months... does that help? 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac