Lance Armstrong appears finally to have run out of rope. (Read 2702 times)

Prince of Fatness

Why is it sideways?

Barf.

L Train

SRSLY.

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, Fox News or not I don't necessarily agree with the whole psychoanalysis therein.  At least it was on topic.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, Fox News or not I don't necessarily agree with the whole psychoanalysis therein.  At least it was on topic.

And to think people have gotten miffed at me when I call psychiatry/cology a pseudo-science.  Nothing like posing a lot of wild assumptions as conclusive fact, about someone you've never met.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Why is it sideways?

Calling that psychoanalysis is like calling a Monster energy drink health food.

Why is it sideways?

And to think people have gotten miffed at me when I call psychiatry/cology a pseudo-science.  Nothing like posing a lot of wild assumptions as conclusive fact, about someone you've never met.

If you think that article has anything to do with psychology or psychiatry, then it's pretty easy to understand why people get upset with your comments about psychiatry and psychology.

L Train

All people named Tim should be forgotten about, if not scoffed at. 

Prince of Fatness

All people named Tim should be forgotten about, if not scoffed at. 

+1

Not at it at all. 

Purdey

Self anointed title

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/23/will-lance-armstrong-ever-fess-up-and-face-truth/

"It is not lost on this psychiatrist that the very attempt to cheat the truth—to bury grief and rage, rather than facing them—could turn one’s very manhood into a cancer and make malignant the most graphic anatomic symbol of masculinity and fatherhood"

Oh FFS......  so if I bury my rage I'm going to get cock cancer?!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you think that article has anything to do with psychology or psychiatry, then it's pretty easy to understand why people get upset with your comments about psychiatry and psychology.

This.

Did we expect something else from Fox "news," thought...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"It is not lost on this psychiatrist that the very attempt to cheat the truth—to bury grief and rage, rather than facing them—could turn one’s very manhood into a cancer and make malignant the most graphic anatomic symbol of masculinity and fatherhood"

Oh FFS......  so if I bury my rage I'm going to get cock cancer?!

"Rage"...is that your nickname for Mr. Happy?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

The dude pointed out at least 3 times that he was a psychiatrist to justify his positon to pass judgement.  The entire article is positioned as a pyschological analysis, from the third paragraph on.  The whole thing is about how all of LA's behavior is driven by being a "forgotten boy" (the line about injecting himself with male hormones to be male enough to be a worthy son was especially humorous).

If an article by a psychiatrist, about LA's psychology and psychological motivations, has nothing to do with psychology, then....??????

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

You'll find plenty of quacks in physics and biology (or any other science) who will use their title and the letters after their name to lend credibility to their wild assed conjecture too. It doesn't render their entire discipline pseudo science.

Runners run