Broncos! (Read 515 times)

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

I don't know how many Broncos fans we have here, but is there anybody here that is rooting for them to go to the Superbowl? I sure am!

I wish I was as young as I look in the forum picture! But I'm not. :(

Half Fanatic #846

I lived in Denver 22 years, watched the Broncos struggle in the AFC, then thru the John Elway years and 2 Superbowl wins. Then I moved to Florida. Now I think trhey've won nine games in a row - I don't expect them to get to the superbowl, but maybe get a couple of post-season wins. Seems like Manning is making all the difference this year.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

We could get there. Last year with Tebow we got up to the point where we lost to the Patriots, and nobody even thought we could win to the Steelers. But after John Elway got jealous of Tebow and wanted him gone, we have an even more experienced quarterback who actually went to the Superbowl a couple years back. I am just keeping my optimism up and hoping. I mean, after going from a 4-12 season a couple years ago and now with a nine game winning streak, I think pretty much anything is possible. And if what happened with Tebow is any indication, after this season I think Elway is gonna be too jealous to keep Manning on. He'll probably pick a rookie QB.

L Train

I don't expect them to get to the superbowl, but maybe get a couple of post-season wins.

As of now if they get a couple of post season wins they'll be in the superbowl by default.

L Train

And I think Elway let Tebow go pretty much because Tebow sucks as a QB.  I don't think a HOF QB has anything to be jealous of Tebow about. 

Prince of Fatness

after this season I think Elway is gonna be too jealous to keep Manning on. He'll probably pick a rookie QB.

If winning the SB makes Elway jealous then he needs to have his head examined.

Not at it at all. 

xor

Is this really a thing?  That Elway is jealous?

Tebow put butts in seats but he wasn't a very good quarterback.  Heck, even after the trade it isn't like he's lighting it up for the Jets.  Of course, that is one strange situation...  Manning puts MORE butts in seats and he's kicking ass.  I'm pretty sure Elway is not going to give him the ax unless Manning either wants too much next year or spontaneously combusts.  My bet is that they keep him one year too long.  It's not like Manning is a jerk in the clubhouse either that causes teammates to want to bail on him.

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

The reason Tebow had to leave was because Elway wanted to be known as the best QB on the Broncos. But now Manning is gonna do better than him, and Elway is gonna wish he had gotten rid of him sooner. It doesn't make sense to me, I mean, more money for Elway the better they do, but he got some serious pride. Elway didn't want to play Tebow before, either, because he was worried. Tebow wasn't the best quarterback yet, but he has serious potential, and they didn't like to play him when we had Orton either, even though Orton moved slower than my great-grandma. Tebow won the Heisman in college, and not for sucking, let me tell you. He is not a bad quarterback. He just needs experience, which he is not really getting by warming the bench.

But I don't think Elway likes Manning very much, since he could break all of Elway's records that he set on the Broncos. just saying, he has a big jealousy problem.

BTW, who does everybody think Collin Klein is going to get drafted to? I really just hope he gets somewhere close, cause my family actually knows his family and we used to see him before he went off to college. Sad

To quote our resident philosopher: "You are writing as if you know what you are talking about, but none of this makes any sense to me."

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

That's some seriously paranoid crazy stuff right there (or some really awesome trolling, in which case, well played.)

Elway is hands down the GM of the year right now. He's already a HOF QB with two rings. He now has a chance to become a HOF GM as well.

Tebow had approximately zero potential as an NFL QB so they cashed in on his flash in the pan season and got rid of him to the only suckers in the league who would trade for him (thank God for the New Jersey Jets!), and upgraded to a HOF QB who's proven he can win the SB.

Runners run

If Tebow is such a good QB, then why did the jets just demote him to 3rd on the depth chart? Sanchez blew his second chance, and now the starter is going to be the guy that was #3. Not even the jets have confidence in Tebow. Perhaps some day his naysayers wrong and lead a team deep into the playoffs, or better.  But, he's got to convince someone he's capable of that first. Perhaps he doesn't show it in practice... who knows???

But for your original question, since my son is a huge Maning fan, I'd love to see Denver do well in the playoffs.  Especially since the Saints "ain't"...

Prince of Fatness

That's some seriously paranoid crazy stuff right there (or some really awesome trolling, in which case, well played.)

Elway is hands down the GM of the year right now. He's already a HOF QB with two rings. He now has a chance to become a HOF GM as well.

Tebow had approximately zero potential as an NFL QB so they cashed in on his flash in the pan season and got rid of him to the only suckers in the league who would trade for him (thank God for the New Jersey Jets!), and upgraded to a HOF QB who's proven he can win the SB.

This sums it up nicely.

Not at it at all. 

The Patriots will beat the Broncos whether in Denver or New England. It's looking like it will be in Denver, which will be tough, but the Pats should handle them. 

Nobody in the AFC scares me as a Pats fan, but the NFC with the Packers and Niners scare me. 

Running my way to being a little less fat.

This sums it up nicely.

Yeah, the Jets put an inexperienced Tebow behind a guy who never had an NFL mentor himself (cf. Aaron Rodgers).  If I were seeking a sucker, the Jets would be the first place I'd look.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

jfa

New Jersey Jets

Hey, don't insult our State like that.

I feel bad for Tebow. Who knows what they promised him as far as getting a chance to play, but the Jets handled him like they handle everything else, poorly.

He's never complained once. He may not be an NFL QB, but he is a class act.

As for Elway, his career is what it is, despite what Peyton,as a Bronco, does or does not win.