Printing maps/profile (Read 1126 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey Eric, would it be possible to have the "print" function also include the elevation profile?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

eric :)

Russ, The elevation profile is printed on a separate page from the map. eric Smile
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It would be great if we could link to the elevation or the map in such a way that they can be displayed as static images on websites or message boards.

It would be great if we could link to the elevation or the map in such a way that they can be displayed as static images on websites or message boards.
          That would be nice, and I'm sure it's doable, but it won't be easy. Besides, I don't want to turn the site into a storage service.

Imminent Catastrophe

Russ, The elevation profile is printed on a separate page from the map. eric Smile
            Eric, When I use the "print" button it just generates one page, the map. There's no elevation profile and no second page. No biggie, I can use a screen shot. JTYMLTK.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am not sure what you mean by "storage service". For logging runs and establishing courses, that is exactly what this site does. The maps at motionbased can do this already. For example, I ran a trail in a local park and it generates an elevation profile that I can display as an image: If you look at the image url, you see that it is actually just a call that generates the image from a bunch of arguments: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/chart/get.mb?xy.domain=totalDistance&xy.ranges=elevation&xy.histogram =false&xy.legendVisible=false&xy.primaryRangeAxisVisible=true&xy.secondaryRangeAxisVisible=true&xy.ran geTitlesVisible=true&xy.domainAxisVisible=true&xy.plotForegroundOpacity=0.75&episodePk.pkValue=10998 47&xy.plotForegroundOpacity=0.75&xy.autoFit=true&xy.width=500&xy.height=225 One of the arguments lets me size the image: or this:
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Eric, When I use the "print" button it just generates one page, the map. There's no elevation profile and no second page. No biggie, I can use a screen shot. JTYMLTK.
                This used to work, but it's not right now. Confused I just tried it too, using IE6. I went to view course, then selected elevation profile. the profile came up, and I clicked on the print button. Then the map printed but not the elevation profile.

Roads were made for journeys...

It's one thing to display the elevations as images, and another to save the maps. Maps are harder because the map images aren't on my server.

Russ, Do you have a map that I can test out? Which browser do you use?
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It's one thing to display the elevations as images, and another to save the maps. Maps are harder because the map images aren't on my server.
                      Can you generate the images on the fly based on url calls, such as how the elevation works? (BTW, I do NOT know this type of code to know if it is possible or not).

Imminent Catastrophe

Russ, Do you have a map that I can test out? Which browser do you use?
                        Both Safari and Firefox. The elevation is on the browser page but not on the print page or print preview: http://www.runningahead.com/maps/b22a5786af9247ae980f1165ba0bef5a

Imminent Catastrophe

Eric, Sorry to be a bother, but..any progress on this?

Eric, Sorry to be a bother, but..any progress on this?
                            Hi Russ, Sorry I haven't looked into this. I've been too wrapped up in the GPS stuff. The last I checked, Firefox still haven't fixed the printing problem (the lines don't show up) so printing it won't do you much good. I also haven't installed the Windows version of Safari yet so I can't really look into that. There is a lot of work going into the site right now and I rather wait until the dust settles before looking into these browser specific problems. eric Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

No sweat Eric, "Grab" (screenshot) works OK.