Favorite running quote (Read 3388 times)

james33693

There are so many great ones out there.  What are some of your favorites?

~ That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going. When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go... you know... I went.~

Forrest Gump

~ Run Forrest....Run!~

Jenny Curran

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

~ That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going. When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go... you know... I went.~

Forrest Gump

~ Run Forrest....Run!~

Jenny Curran

Awesome!

james33693

That's all I got to say about.......
            I can't think of any off the top of my head but the "I love to run" page on facebook has some great running quotes, every day.  Sometimes by runners, sometimes by Yoda (that was yesterdays).  They're all great.

Michelle

Forrest Gump

~ Run Forrest....Run!~

Jenny Curran

I don't have a great quote, but I like this one.  My son is 10, and we have a long driveway.  Every day the bus drops him off he hauls ass down the driveway while all the kids on the bus yell out the window, "RUN FOREST RUN"  The bus driver saw him at school one time and said, Hey, Forest! Too funny!

Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.

My son is 10, and we have a long driveway.  Every day the bus drops him off he hauls ass down the driveway while all the kids on the bus yell out the window, "RUN FOREST RUN"  The bus driver saw him at school one time and said, Hey, Forest! Too funny!

That's awesome! Smile

Papillon1966

"Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” - Steve Prefontaine

Lisa Boyles

KerraM

The pavement fears me.
                    bblack

No Matter how fast you are running, run faster -Joe Newton

There is no such thing as bad weather, only soft people. 

Bill Bowerman

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

There are lots of great running quotes in signatures all over this board. I'm fond of the one in my sig but I'll also add this one from one of the great ladies on this board "any running is faster than sitting on the couch."

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Forward is forward.

Rick Velich Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Florida

Hockey quote:

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

- Wayne Gretzky

xor

It's just running.