Twenty-Four Hours (Read 1426 times)

DoppleBock

Joe - I am running a 24 track race this Sat-Sun

I tapered a little less dramtic and did not hit near the high mileage - Just consistent

I consider my 100% week = 160

my 3 weeks leading to race

136 - 19 days out I did a 4 hour hilly technical trail run, 17 days out 17 with 4x1 mile @ 10K pace, 15 days out 4 miles @T, 13 days out 5x5 minutes on with 5 opff between @ 30 minute race pace

103 - 11 days out 2x3 mile @ LAT, 9 Days out easy hills @ 1600 feet gain, 7 days out 1 mile TT on track

37 in 5 days - This includes 2 short speed workouts - 2x1 mile at 10k pace (Monday) and 2x4 minutes @ LAT today (Wed) and I will do striders with Fridays 4 miler.  My last 3 days are always 6-5-4

Life is an experiment - But I believe I have over done the speed and under done the tapering this time around.  I think the 136 should have been 120 with 1 less speed day and the 103 should have been 90 with the 2x3 miles = 1x3 miles instead.

My point is for you - When in doubt, less is more.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Fejesjoe

DB, yesterday I did 6 x 5 minutes with a few minutes recovery. Saturday am I will join the Atlanta Track Club masters group and they usually do  ladder work out 2 x [300, 400, 500.] and then back down  I will probably just do the first set @ 70% and skip the second set. On Sunday & Monday I will run an easy 12 and 10 miler respectively. On Tuesday I will run 3 x 5 minute at 70% with a couple miles warm up and cool down. Wed, Thurs and Fri I will follow Phil's lead since I believe I may be rooming with him. Dr. Lovey I don't believe will be making the trip. I think he may helped me out this past year at Across the Years 3 day run.

Fejesjoe

Good luck on your 24 track outing this weekend. I am sure you will hammer it. I hear you on less is more--it is however so damn difficult to actually do it! How about Kouros winning the 48 hour this past weekend in Sweden! Apparently he doesn't believe in the "taper"-ha ha! Will be fascinating to see what he does in Poland along with some of the other big dogs--although we will surely miss the Big Horse.   

DoppleBock

Thanks

I had heard Yannis had returned to competition - Not sure what he can do in Poland on the short turn.

Of course its a bit off his world record - So maybe just a good shake out run?

Good luck on your 24 track outing this weekend. I am sure you will hammer it. I hear you on less is more--it is however so damn difficult to actually do it! How about Kouros winning the 48 hour this past weekend in Sweden! Apparently he doesn't believe in the "taper"-ha ha! Will be fascinating to see what he does in Poland along with some of the other big dogs--although we will surely miss the Big Horse.   

Oh roo roooo!

DB, would that be the 12/24 Hour run put on by the Badgerland Striders this weekend?  I'll be volunteering Sat and Sun AM, short woman w/very short hair, almost certainly will be working packet pickup--say hi if you are so inclined!  My real name is Beth.  The weather looks much better for you guys than it did earlier in the week, that's for sure!

DoppleBock

I look forward to meeting you ~ My wife is 5'3 (My crew) and I am 6'3 we will be hanging out with a  6'13 blond girl with very small feet.

DB, would that be the 12/24 Hour run put on by the Badgerland Striders this weekend?  I'll be volunteering Sat and Sun AM, short woman w/very short hair, almost certainly will be working packet pickup--say hi if you are so inclined!  My real name is Beth.  The weather looks much better for you guys than it did earlier in the week, that's for sure!

Kalsarikännit

a  6'13 blond girl with very small feet.

Proof that my feet are tiny!  You've heard it from the horse's mouth.

Honeypig, thanks for volunteering.  I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

jfa

Go WG!

Go DB!

Purdey

Self anointed title

You've heard it from the horse's mouth.

From the Big Horse's mouth no less.  I remember them being somewhat less than tiny though.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Go WG!

Go DB!

Yes!

steph  

Oh roo roooo!

Honeypig, thanks for volunteering.  I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Gosh, I'm really excited to meet you both in the flesh now, after being on this forum for some time!  You are kind of legends in my mind...

I have volunteered for this run and also for the Glacial Trail for a number of years b/c I really enjoy working for Robert, the RD who puts both of these events on (in addition to the John Dick 50K).  He is just such an organized dude and does such a great job of taking care of his runners!  

Has either of you done this particular run before or is this virgin territory?  Again, best wishes and I hope all goes very well.

DoppleBock

We have probably seen each other at Glacial - I have done

2006 - 50 MIle (1st ultra ever)

2010 - 50 Mile

2011 - 50K

+

I am doing the 50 mile this year.

I did the Crusty 50k this year

I have not done the BLS24.

Yes Robert is a great RD - Also he is having a great year running - Kicking ass.

See you tomorrow!

Kalsarikännit

Gosh, I'm really excited to meet you both in the flesh now, after being on this forum for some time!  You are kind of legends in my mind...

Has either of you done this particular run before or is this virgin territory?  Again, best wishes and I hope all goes very well.

I sense great disappointment in your future.  I'm just a semi-alcoholic hobbyjogger.  (DB is just a fully-alcoholic, morning, noon, and night hobbyjogger).

I ran this in 2009.  Robert did a great job.  I'm very excited to return.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

I sense great disappointment in your future.  I'm just a semi-alcoholic hobbyjogger.  (DB is just a fully-alcoholic, morning, noon, and night hobbyjogger).

I ran this  I set the course record in 2009 .  Robert did a great job.  I'm very excited to return.

Good luck WG and DB!