Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Seanv2

Well my streak ened today.  I'm in Vermont, in a snow storm, and spent the time I intended to run helping push some guys car out of a snow drift.  Oh well, these streaks are supposed to be motivational, not obsessive. I guess life just gets in the way sometimes.

I did get a decent cross country ski work out in, that counts for something, doesn't it?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

xhristopher

Well my streak ened today.  I'm in Vermont, in a snow storm, and spent the time I intended to run helping push some guys car out of a snow drift.  Oh well, these streaks are supposed to be motivational, not obsessive. I guess life just gets in the way sometimes.

I did get a decent cross country ski work out in, that counts for something, doesn't it?

Hey, since you started early you still ran the prescribed number of days. You too, kmays. That counts for something too.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Sorry, Sean.  That sucks with only a couple of more days to go.  At least you sacrificed the streak for a good cause!

I myself have to run 20 miles in 2 days to make I hit my mileage goal for the year, and my wonky left foot/calf/ankle was definitely protesting after today's run in the snow.  Plus, I have a 5K race on Monday afternoon.  At this point, I'm just trying to grit my teeth and get through the next few days.

Seanv2

Hey, since you started early you still ran the prescribed number of days. You too, kmays. That counts for something too.

I did start early, not sure if it counts for "completed" or not.  Votes on how I should record Kmays and myself on the chart?

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

xhristopher

I did start early, not sure if it counts for "completed" or not.  Votes on how I should record Kmays and myself on the chart?

Just put an asterisk behind your name and explain it in the smallest type possible below.*

*.......... ...... ... .........!

Just put an asterisk behind your name and explain it in the smallest type possible below.*

*.......... ...... ... .........!

My vote.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

So how many of us are going to take a day off tomorrow?

I've never done a streak of any kind before.  It has been great to feel how my body has adjusted, and there have certainly been a few days where I wouldn't have run normally but managed to drag myself out there...

My hip flexors and right foot are talkin' to me, though, so I think I might need some rest.  Dealing with IT issues in the past has left me perhaps overly cautious.  Would kind of like to keep it going, though....

Slo

My unintentional streak began on the 2nd of October. Then I accepted this little challenge which led to accepting a challenge to run 300 miles in December. I'm now at 91 days. I suppose I will still run tomorrow.

Nice.  You may as well go for all of 2013!

xhristopher

So how many of us are going to take a day off tomorrow?

My understanding is that it's a Thanksgiving to New Year's Day streak, which means anyone wishing to complete the challenge shouldn't consider taking a day off until Wednesday the 2nd.

I'll probably take a day off when I physically or mentally need it but won't necessarily schedule one "just because." I've learned that if I have time to run and want to run I had better run or I'll just regret it.

doctorjen

I've never run a streak of any length before, so this has been a fun challenge for me.  I didn't run on Thanksgiving, but have run every day since.  I'll still plan to run every day I can after tomorrow, but I'm starting a very busy work week next week and I will probably let the streak go sometime during the week.  I've been surprised that I actually feel pretty darn good running everyday.  I ended 2012 with a lovely, snowy trail run today with a new group of friends.  9.27 miles with giant fat flakes falling on us, and footprints filling in nearly as fast as we could make them.

ha, ok.  the bottom of my foot is very unhappy, so we'll see how it is tomorrow.  glad I started a week early then!

A Saucy Wench

I started early as well and dont have any plans to stop.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Queen of 3rd Place

Holiday strek - check

2000 mi - check

Wasn't even sure about this happening as of this morning, but it's done now! I'll be glad to get back to sane weekly mileage numbers.

Ex runner

Intentionally Blank

Despite spending the last 13 days in Ecuador, I managed to continue the streak--as long as I run today when I get home from the airport.  Keeping the streak alive did not keep me from getting fat, though. Heh.

i'll update my log when I'm not on my phone.