So i'm 22 years old and weigh less than some 12 year olds (Read 430 times)

a 22 year old talking about being as healthy as a 14 year old ?? is there a difference?

L Train

Ray Charles is blind. Ergo...

I assume most dead people are.

Feeling the growl again

a 22 year old talking about being as healthy as a 14 year old ?? is there a difference?

This was my second thought, right after not knowing 5'6" vs 5'8".

What is the question here?  If it is a weight question, I guess we'd need to see a pic or something.

I recall years ago a guy my wife nicknamed Skeletor.  He was nice enough, and seemed to be at every single race in the state.  I'd never seen anyone so skinny.  He ran OK but nothing remotely fast, I think he would have been faster if he'd put on some muscle.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I recall years ago a guy my wife nicknamed Skeletor.  He was nice enough, and seemed to be at every single race in the state.  I'd never seen anyone so skinny.  He ran OK but nothing remotely fast, I think he would have been faster if he'd put on some muscle.

Skeletor was ironically very muscular. Except for in the facial region.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
          Cyberic

From seeing how the marathon elites look, maybe you should start training seriously and make some dough.

jfa

^ Right.

Young, small and light seems to be the way to go.

Old, Slow, Happy

So, I'm 62 years old 6' 3" or less as I get older.  I weigh 220.  I try to run every day, but I have a bad knee that was probably messed up by a poor surgeon.  I run as much as I want.  I eat too much.  I am old.  My doctor says I'm very healthy for my age.  That makes me happy.  I'll probably keep on doing what I'm doing because I like it.  I don't care what other people say.  Conclusion:  If you're happy with yourself and your doctor says that you're healthy, have fun and live life.  Don't worry about other people.  Just don't fool yourself or lie to yourself.  If you think you have problems, work on them.  If you're happy and honest with yourself, live life and have fun!

This is the advice of the geezers. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I keep having this recurring dream that I'm running a marathon but the marathon course travels through a house several times. We have to run up multiple flights of stairs and bottlenecks keep occurring. It gets really frustrating.

The weird thing is that even though the dreams are very similar the house in the dream is always different.

Is the outside of the house the same color, does it change?

It is always a two story, or how many stories?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

rmcj001

Well, I'll give a slightly different perspective.  Your height and weight wouldn't concern me if they didn't fluctuate.  What would concern me is that you once weighed 145lbs and would appear to have lost between 20-30% of your weight.  For a younger person large amounts of weight loss are not good and I find this more troubling then your actual weight.

Having said that, what does you doctor say about your weight?

Ray

anneb

I dunno. There are a lot of overweight 12yos out there. Big deal

Anne

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Start lifting weights 2-3 times a week squats, deadlifts presses and start drinking a lot of milk

build up to 2 gallons a day.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

beat

Break on through

Nobody can drink 2 gallons of milk a day!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

FSBD

Is the outside of the house the same color, does it change?

It is always a two story, or how many stories?

The outside color changes.

The houses are usually 3-4 story older houses.

Conclusions?

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

#artbydmcbride

The outside color changes.

The houses are usually 3-4 story older houses.

Conclusions?

You need less cushioned shoes.  Maybe racing flats even.

Runners run

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

in the old days there were weightlifters who drank 2 gallons of milk a day

Paul Anderson 1956 Olympic heavy weight weightlifting champ said he drank 3 gallons a day.

I don't eat much meat but drink 1/2 to 3/4 a gallon of milk a day.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes