The Goat Man in the Wasatch Mountains (Read 895 times)

xor

There's a dude hanging with the mountain goats in the Wasatch Mountains.

Dressed in a goat suit.

He was spotted and photographed, sasquatch-like.

If anyone is running Wasatch 100 or something out there, be on the lookout.

Alas, it will be goat hunting season soon.

I wonder what his story is. 

- Anya

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"A goat."

"...you can't be a goat."

"You wait and see."

You know, like this.  But more mountain-y.  Presumably less violent.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

TammyinGP

in training for best costume at Ragnar?

Although I think now a Ragnar team should definitely incorporate some goat costumes into their fashion attire line-up or van decorating theme.

eta: ahhh, too late. Ragnar was last month. timing is everything.

Tammy

xor

There's always a ragnar somewhere.  The Washington State one was just this past weekend.

Tiefsa

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"A goat."

"...you can't be a goat."

"You wait and see."

You know, like this.  But more mountain-y.  Presumably less violent.

My three year old son decided today that he was a shark when we were swimming.  He then proceeded to bite me in the ass.  Damn shark.

My three year old son decided today that he was a shark when we were swimming.  He then proceeded to bite me in the ass.  Damn shark.

This probably goes without saying, but your son is freaking awesome. 

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

"goatman" ?   that is truly one of the wierdest stories I have ever herd

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This probably goes without saying, but your son is freaking awesome. 

I'm totally laughing out loud (for realz) at the imagery.  3 year olds rock!

A friend of ours just returned from UT yesterday, so he was in the state on the date in question.  Needless to say he's catching some shit for it.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

#artbydmcbride

Imminent Catastrophe

Damn. I was hoping it was the Chupacabra.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Damn. I was hoping it was the Chupacabra.

As he is a hunter, sneaking up on wee little goats to kill them, he kind of is!

I was kind of hoping it was going to be a hippie thing, but with a better outcome than that dude in Alaska who was convinced he could live with Grizzlies.  And did.  For awhile.  And then took his girlfriend with them.  And then they got et.

Edit: I have no idea why I capitalized Grizzlies.  It's not like he went to Memphis to live with the basketball team.

Imminent Catastrophe

Maybe the chupacabra will get him! That would be appropriate.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Chris UK

"You're going to need a bigger butt"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM