&%$*#@$ rain! (Read 911 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's raining...again. Rain is in the forecast for pretty much every forseeable day. I am sick of this. I'm not looking forward to the cloudy dreariness of Winter, either. Winter would be great if we actually saw blue sky and sun more than once every 2-3 weeks. /rant k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

And then our fantasies took us out of Michigan to a place where the sun shines, the sky is clear, the water is warm...
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      Wingz

Professional Noob

And then our fantasies took us out of Michigan to a place where the sun shines, the sky is clear, the water is warm...
        Oh! Like NC... Big grin C'mon down!

Roads were made for journeys...

Oh! Like NC... Big grin C'mon down!
          Salt...wound...ow!!!
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Evil grin Big grin Evil grin Big grin Evil grin Forecast for MY half-marathon Oct 22... Partly cloudy, high of 72...

Roads were made for journeys...

Don't feel bad. There is rain in the forecast in PA as well. It really stinks because the days that I don't have to stay after school it rains. I hate wet feet, but I guess I have to suck it up.
              "The will to win, is nothing without the will to prepare"

My dogs are fast, not me

Yeah, it's raining here, too, but at least it's warm out. The worst part is trying to get the dogs outside to do their business. Two of them act as is the rain is acid and they will suffer some fatal consequence if even one drop touches them. We're in for a long winter!

Robin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...like Death Valley, where my hubby is headed for a few days (he's doing a 100 mile JDRF benefit ride). I told him he'd better send some of that weather here or bring some back with him. I'd just be happy to see 60 and sunny. k

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks a bunch to your husband for riding for JDRF!! ( I was diagnosed type 1 in 1987.)
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Stacie, it's funny how he got into supporting that charity. He was looking for ANY charity to bike for and it turns out that his company helps sponsor the JDRF ride for our region's chapter, so he got into it by default. Since then he and I have become good friends with many of the members in our area. We're one of the few families involved who have no direct relationship with any type 1 people, but after getting to know so many adults and children who have been dealt this blow we feel a personal need to help support the efforts to find a cure. k

~ Sarah Kay

It's raining...again. Rain is in the forecast for pretty much every forseeable day. /rant k
                        Rain. Yeah. I've heard and read about that stuff. I've even seen it on tv and in the movies. Forecast for LV this coming week is lots of sun, high of 75, low of around 60. But, hey--we've got our problems, too. The sun can get in your eyes when you're golfing, you have to wear sunglasses a lot, so that's one more thing you have to remember and carry with you, it....well, you get the idea. But please--don't worry about me. I'll suffer through it. Alone. Like I always do. Cool
                        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                          Rain. Yeah. I've heard and read about that stuff. I've even seen it on tv and in the movies. Forecast for LV this coming week is lots of sun, high of 75, low of around 60. But, hey--we've got our problems, too. The sun can get in your eyes when you're golfing, you have to wear sunglasses a lot, so that's one more thing you have to remember and carry with you, it....well, you get the idea. But please--don't worry about me. I'll suffer through it. Alone. Like I always do. Cool
                          We went from salt in the wound to kick in the ribs! Man, no sympathy at all around here! Sad
                          Scout7

I hate everything about the rain, except for running in it. Waaaaaaaay back when, when I was in HS and running XC, I used to LOVE those muddy, sloppy days. Especially on race day. I'm a mudder, I guess. Of course, days like this, I break out the Adidas trail shoes with the Gore Tex......
                              Probably why I have like 6 pairs of running shoes. Raining today so i'll probably wear a long sleeved shirt on my run this morning. I've learned to LOVE the rain ( at least when it's not freezing outside). Keeps ya cool!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

We went from salt in the wound to kick in the ribs! Man, no sympathy at all around here! Sad
                                Think its bad in here....In the winter, with 2 feet of snow on the ground, my Dad sends me Sunny and 70 degrees 5 day forecasts from the newspaper in Southern Oregon. Can't beat 'em, join 'em. I'm heading to Oregon on Thursday! Stephanie
                                To keep it, you have to give it away.