Earbud Recommendations???? (Read 539 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I just checked out Yurbuds' website, and they look legit! Maybe when I get my next paycheck . . . Smile

________________________________________________________________________________________

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." –Confucius

Ajay Mac - AKA A.J.

I'll second the Yurbuds endorsement.  The only drawback I've found is, sound quality isn't great.  BUT...when I'm out running, I specifically don't want my ears filled with rich, full sound.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

AjayMac

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-earphones-earbuds-headphones-sennheiser-adidas_504038

cannot recommend enough. both my dad and i own a pair for running. the additional piece that fits under your outer ear is brilliant.

Those look legit too! I didn't think I was in the market for new earbuds, but after reading this thread, I'm really rethinking that initial thought . . .

________________________________________________________________________________________

Ajay Mac - AKA A.J.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

I have a pair of the behind the ear Yurbuds, AMAZING! I have ran through so many pairs of shorted out headphones, and I was using a pair of Skullcandy Titans but they really hurt my ears after a while (2 hours) and I ran 3+ with the Yurbuds and was still goin strong!

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

Mike2921

I am truly amazed at the number of replies.
          Thanks to all of you.

I think I will buy Yurbuds.
          Do you have any recommendations for the model?

Are the cheap ones good, or should I spend some extra money for the higher cost models?

Thanks again,

MWD

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_172541_ln?rh=n%3A172541%2Ck%3Ayurbuds&keywords=yurbuds&ie=UTF8&qid=1357950907&scn=172541&h=fec34c5b7e8c004e9b0c14b1aa27dadc07105aaf

Picked up a pair of Yurbuds a few weeks ago, love them.

an amazing likeness

To my opinion, Sennheiser are the way to go.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/freedom-bluetooth-headphones/

i really like my jaybird freedom Bluetooth earbuds. Sound is great and comfortable.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I am truly amazed at the number of replies.
                  Thanks to all of you.

I think I will buy Yurbuds.
                  Do you have any recommendations for the model?

Are the cheap ones good, or should I spend some extra money for the higher cost models?

Thanks again,

MWD

I went with the ones with a cloth-covered cord.  Never used the other models, but I know in general, the regular rubber-coated kind tend to tangle more easily, and are more difficult to manage in general.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Token Fat Guy

I received a pair of Yur Buds for Christmas, I agree, they are fantastic.

5K - 29:29 10K - 1:07:52 13.1 - 2:28:36

DentingPavement.com

Runner100

I've used quite a few different types over the years. I do quite a bit of treadmill running and I'm a heavy sweater. My two issues are the buds staying firmly put and lasting more than a few months. I've been using the below pair (same as Nakedbabytoes i think) for several months and have been delighted with them. A bit on the pricy side, but they don't move at all once I pop them in and have  held up well. Plus the sound is sweet!

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SIE2-Sport-Headphones-Green/dp/B008V9RW58/ref=sr_1_1

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

I went with the ones with a cloth-covered cord.  Never used the other models, but I know in general, the regular rubber-coated kind tend to tangle more easily, and are more difficult to manage in general.

+1

I got the rubber corded ones and they get really messy really fast! I also got the behind the ear, I like it and I don't. They don't fall out anyway, but I like em cause I can clip it on to my shirt at the gym if I need to hear something other than my music

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

RRTex

Yurbuds with IPhone capability are great.  Good sound from an Earbud and water/sweat proof as well.  Love mine.

AjayMac

Yurbuds with IPhone capability are great.  Good sound from an Earbud and water/sweat proof as well.  Love mine.

I always use my iPhone to listen to my music. Are there some models that aren't compatible with iPhones? 

Ajay Mac - AKA A.J.

RRTex

The Inspire Pro Yurbuds allow you to control music, Siri etc from a button on the earbuds.  Most other headphones will not have this.

http://yurbuds.com/products/performance-fit/inspire-pro/

AlexaCT

Does anyone have the Yurbuds with mic?  I dont talk on the phone much when running but need to be able to answer calls occasionally.  I'm trying to decide between them and the Sennhauser PMX 680i

I can and I will!