Race Report: A Virgin Experience ;) (Read 905 times)

Finished!

Am happy to post the entire thing here too if people prefer, but it's much easier to direct you to my blog
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Very cool! Loved the pictures, Princess. Wink Nice race report.Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is so awesome! And I must say that pink is very flattering on you! Nice skirt, too. I will probably order one of those next Summer, since I have my one beloved NB one and much prefer skirts with the snug shorts underneath to standard running shorts. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Very nice. And very, very pink. Congrats on your de-virginification. Excellent finish line picture, by the way. You're going to have to explain how you managed to avoid the "I'm-not-really-running" look that tends to plague most of us non-elites. Whatever your pace may have been, in that picture I'd have guessed sub-6:00 miles or so. As for being a noob, you actually did something smarter than all the other non-noobs: by forgetting your watch, you got a decent pic. You'd laugh at how many race finish pics have people (and by people, I mean me) looking down at their watches with a goofy look on their face. Maybe you should make a point of forgetting your watch next time, too. Wink

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

You'll ruin your knees!

Am happy to post the entire thing here too if people prefer, but it's much easier to direct you to my blog
            Awesome job, Pinky-Lee! Loved the outfit, loved the pics, loved the report, loved the results of your fundraising! Way to go! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Finished!

Excellent finish line picture, by the way. You're going to have to explain how you managed to avoid the "I'm-not-really-running" look that tends to plague most of us non-elites. Whatever your pace may have been, in that picture I'd have guessed sub-6:00 miles or so.
              LOL - thanks everyone for the kind words Smile It took way longer to write up the race report than it did to actually run the race Wink For the Ladies, I'm a total skirt convert - way better than having to do with ridden up shorts... As for the photos, I have a really good photographer Wink and he was there with his new camera - great for action shots - press the shutter release and hold it down, it happily clicks away - I had several photos to choose from Big grin
              Walk + Jog = wog.
              JakeKnight

Hey, I totally missed this rude comment on your blog:
                I also recommend RunningAhead.com if you're a nerd like me ...
                Wha? Huh? Nerds? You should probably apologize. I mean, it's not like you can find people here talking about physics or philosophy or geeky stuff like that. Or filling up a long, long, long thread with a discussion about something really lame like, I don't know, the WEATHER or something ....

Finished!

Hey, I totally missed this rude comment on your blog: Wha? Huh? Nerds?
                  I am an Engineer by training. I adore data and graphs. Yes And I refer to myself affectionately as a Nerd or a Geek. If you found it rude, I do apologize, but it was a tongue in cheek comment.
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                    Wahoo! Excellent race report. It's nice to see another knitter here too. Big grin
                      I mean, it's not like you can find people here talking about physics or philosophy or geeky stuff like that
                      Or Foucault's seminal 1963 work Naissance de la Clinique: Une Archéologie du Regard Médical , eh?
                      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

Finished!

Or Foucault's seminal 1963 work Naissance de la Clinique: Une Archéologie du Regard Médical , eh?
                        LOL - I forgot about that. I bet I just let JK yank my chain didn't i?
                        Walk + Jog = wog.
                        JakeKnight

LOL - I forgot about that. I bet I just let JK yank my chain didn't i?
                          Ya think? Roll eyes As if I'd care if you were rude. This place could use a little rudeness. And no, MasterPron8r, I don't actually have any idea who Foucault was or what that French babble meant. Isn't Google wonderful though?

Now that was a bath...

Congrats again and thanks for a great running report. As a race virgin (hey, I have to take virginity wherever I can find it) its always really helpful to read what other's are experiencing. I want a running skirt now! Kirsten has mentioned them before to me and they sound (and look) fab. Claire xxx
                          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Prophet!

all these talks about running skirts...makes me want to run in one (in pink as well)...congrats on yer race...

Finished!

all these talks about running skirts...makes me want to run in one (in pink as well)...congrats on yer race...
                                LOL - well, my friend, it *has* been done before...with video to boot! check it out here
                                Walk + Jog = wog.