running socks (ladies) (Read 163 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

Ok, as a tomboy I never thought I'd be asking about socks, but here I go anyway!

Wait, how are those things related?  Are you implying men don't need socks, or only girly girls need socks?  I wear Balegas when I run.  So does my wife.  They're comfy.

HTFU?  Why not!

Coach: Empire Tri Club 

Speed Coach: Brooklyn Tri Club
    USATF Coach

Hey guys, go get your own thread. Joking

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Hey guys, go get your own thread. Joking

yeh, what she said......Approve

2014 Schedule

Jan 11 - Mississippi Blues Half, February 23 - Last Chance for Boston Half, March 9 - Charlotte Speedway Half, March 16 - Heart Mini Half, April 6 - ORRRC Half, May 4 - Flying Pig Full, June 14 - Hatfield & McCoy Full, July 4 - Rocket Man 5K, July 18-19 - Runners for Wellness 24hour Ultra, July 20 - RnR Chicago Half, Sept 21 - HITS Omaha Half, Nov 30 - Space Coast Half

Wait, how are those things related?  Are you implying men don't need socks, or only girly girls need socks?  I wear Balegas when I run.  So does my wife.  They're comfy.

No, only girly girls CARE about what socks they wear.  I'm lucky to get two that match on my feet.  It's becoming a rare occurence.

Now, go get your own thread.

I bought two pairs of Wright's and 4 Feetures (massive discount!).  So far it seems my blisters are healing up nicely!  Thanks for the suggestions Smile

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

delicate flower

Rejected by the ladies...story of my life.

proud sherpa

just a simple cat

Rejected by the ladies...story of my life.

It's probably your smelly socks......

I  guess as you get more bodacious, you begin to lose more brain cells, because there is a limit to how much magnificence your body can house

It's probably your smelly socks......

hahahahaha....... hohohoho...... heeeee-heeee-heeeeeee   omg.......  funny haha......   Big grin

2014 Schedule

Jan 11 - Mississippi Blues Half, February 23 - Last Chance for Boston Half, March 9 - Charlotte Speedway Half, March 16 - Heart Mini Half, April 6 - ORRRC Half, May 4 - Flying Pig Full, June 14 - Hatfield & McCoy Full, July 4 - Rocket Man 5K, July 18-19 - Runners for Wellness 24hour Ultra, July 20 - RnR Chicago Half, Sept 21 - HITS Omaha Half, Nov 30 - Space Coast Half

superspike113

Freckle face

I just got some balega socks and they are super comfy, I also got a new 3 pack of wrightsocks, because they are just awesome for sweaty summer runs.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

The wife LOVES the new running socks sold by Lululemon

2014 Goals

Weight - 200 lbs (stuck around 211)

2000 miles (1700 as of September 10)

Stay healthy for Boston 2015

Marathon - 3:05 (St. George in October)

5k - 19:55 (19:43 July 4, 2014)

+1 on the Wright double layer.  I just ran a 50 miler in them and didn't have one blister.

Not really sure I understand what socks have to do with gender... If a guy posted this I'd hope someone would call him out about it.

With that...

I've got a drawer full of most of the brands mentioned above (and several others not mentioned) so I'll throw out another +1 for Wright....not that the others aren't also good.  I've  been racing in Wright for a year or two, including this month's marathon in the rain. No problems. Good value.