Dew point / humidity (Read 323 times)

So wouldn't heat and humidity play a similar role to training at altitude?

You can relate heat + humidity to altitude training only in the way that you are running slower when it's hot and faster when it's cool. But altitude is different in that you are in oxygen debt, etc. The whole red blood cell stuff. I don't think you build extra red blood cells running in this soup.

I had a "race" on Saturday that finished at 162. It was awful. I tempo'd it by HR. I've had 17 consecutive runs at MI > 140 and this are all in the morning. The longest streak I've ever seen before was about 5. And my log goes back to 2004. Even my unheated pool is not refreshing anymore at 86F this morning.

I can make it 4-5 miles or 40ish minutes before the wheels fall off. Maybe I should take some Gatorade on these runs. I've just resigned myself to the fact that I really don't want to run over 60-75 minutes in this crap.

This morning the dew point and temp were the same. Mercifully, it was cool-ish but I looked like I had been swimming in that lake, not running around it.

This morning the dew point and temp were the same. Mercifully, it was cool-ish but I looked like I had been swimming in that lake, not running around it.

Nice lake, I think I would have been swimming in it.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.