Who's Running Dallas? (do we do this here?) (Read 602 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Yeah, I was just looking at the weather.  If I had to pick, I'd pick warm over windy.  But it looks like we'll get both.  Rain should hold off, though.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

joescott

If I had to pick, I'd pick warm over windy.  But it looks like we'll get both. 

Lucky us!

MTA:  Good luck on your PR attempt, mab.  Let's hold out hope that the weathermen are idiots & maybe we'll get a better crack at it.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Shakedown Street

I am running the half. Have a few local friends in it as well-one hopefully will be top 5/10 AG in the HM. There are a couple former RWOLers running the full I think.

Can't wait to run over the bridge, I might jizz my pants. Joking

I think a mobile phone company has been a sponsor for 5 or so years now.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

TxDiverMom

Good luck to y'all Dallas runners!  I'm running Bryan College Station (HM) and keep watching that weather.  It's looking like the front may be picking up steam and moving a little faster.  I'm afraid we're going to get really windy!  I may get rain, too!  It's my first and I was hoping for good weather.

Melissa

Shakedown Street

more I look at the forecast....I am thinking the wind gusts and weather are going to be yuck...oh well...

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

WR Dallas Full here also - dreading the forecast.  Ran one of my last LRs on Trinity trail 2 Mondays back and it hit 70F...  I did not like.

yweuiuyywe

spam

I am in for a PR attempt, God willing.  Not too excited about how the weather appears to be shaping up.  A bit on the warm side.  Possibly windy.  Hoping that cold front that;'s supposed to come through Sunday night pulls into Saturday night instead.

This.  I perform so much better in the cold.  As of now the forecast has the front arriving about the time I should be finishing.  If it arrives just a few hours early I am golden.  This will be my first  WR  Metro Digiital e-something race and my eighth marathon.  Besides the weather, my biggest concern is a toe injury I suffered wednesday morning when the bedpost executed a flawless sneak attack when I was walking past.  I don't think the toe is broken, but it has swelled to the size and color of a California Concord grape.  If you ask nicely I will post a picture of the engorged appendage.  Since my avatar is also a picture of disgusting toes, I am slightly reluctant to show a picture of this one, and get a reputation as some sort of crazed toe freak when I am new here (I am, of course, a different kind of freak that has nothing to do with toes, but is quite perverse nonetheless). 

Good luck to all in Dallas Sunday.

Last year was brutal (cold, wet, puddles).  I felt real bad for the family and friends watching along the streets in the 37 degree tropical monsoon.  It wasn't bad to run in.

It was the after party that I remember the most.  My core body temperature dropped pretty low due to the cold temperatures, and my wet clothes.  I was advised by my friend to strip off all clothes and was provided dry clothes from him to keep me from visiting the local EMT.  (Yes, I should have used the pre-race bag drop).  I don't think I'll have that problem this weekend. 

I think I'll be ok with the weather forcast, provided that no lighning bolts hit me. 

Cheers, racers!

Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

This.  I perform so much better in the cold.  As of now the forecast has the front arriving about the time I should be finishing.  If it arrives just a few hours early I am golden.

I was thinking that, too.  Ever been outside, mid-run when a cold front blows in?  It's quite invigorating, and I for one would love it if one came in at about mile 18 or so.

The "hourly forecast" has made it up to the race start time, and is showing 61 degrees - mmm, okay - and 90% humidity - yuck.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Gaaaa!

Kickoff:

8 am     61°    Cloudy             FEELS LIKE: 59°     HUMIDITY: 100%     PRECIP: 20%       WIND:SSW at 13 mph

Roughly endpoint:

12 pm    68°    Partly Cloudy   FEELS LIKE: 68°     HUMIDITY: 52%       PRECIP: 10%      WIND: W at 13 mph

Looks like it will be a little warm for my likes, humid as hell and slightly windy.  Though it looks like we have a pretty decent humidity burn off... dropping 48% in 4 hours...

Gaaaa!

Kickoff:

8 am     61°    Cloudy             FEELS LIKE: 59°     HUMIDITY: 100%     PRECIP: 20%       WIND:SSW at 13 mph

Roughly endpoint:

12 pm    68°    Partly Cloudy   FEELS LIKE: 68°     HUMIDITY: 52%       PRECIP: 10%      WIND: W at 13 mph

Looks like it will be a little warm for my likes, humid as hell and slightly windy.  Though it looks like we have a pretty decent humidity burn off... dropping 48% in 4 hours...

Yep, that's what it was like.  

That was tough.  Don't remember many 100% humidity runs, and I now know that is not fun.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Humidity and the late hills got me.  Faded to a 4:26:02, which is slower than my last three marathons.  I enjoyed the race anyway.