Garmin Lust (Read 819 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got it. Got it bad. Joni has one and the woman I ran with this AM has one. It was really cool having it beep at us every mile. Nice to not have to guess when each mile has passed. We wants one...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Then we should gets one! Big grin Seriously, I am IN LOVE with my 205. I haven't even fooled with a lot of the features - yet - but I love not having to keep track of streets... plus, I've been able to run on the beach this week and know my exact mileage! And yes, the beeping each mile with your splits is awesome. Get one get one Get one get one Get one get one Get one get one Get one get one Get one get one !!
      2009: BQ?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Arghhh...me cwazy! I think I have to wait until at least Christmas.... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Okay, let me ask you this: do you smoke?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nope...never have. Yeah...hmmm...cigarettes would cost a LOT more than a Garmin! Of course, add my running shoes and gear and maybe I'd break even. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

YES, but if you are going to do something expensive, might as well be something healthy (like RUNNING). I can justify any running related purchase, because hey, it's not crack! Seriously though, if you really want one, get one, and cut something else out. Who wants Ramen for the next two months?? Wink
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can justify any running related purchase, because hey, it's not crack!
                That's about the most quotable thing I've seen in months! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

2008 Philly Trifecta

guess you can say, I'm "old school"... I use a Gramin 201...I just love it. Tracks mile pace, mileage, and alerts me at distances***BEEP*** Smile I got it 2 years ago, and have not had a single problem with it. I'm sure you could find one online for a steal!!! Just my $.02... Undecided Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
                  2008 Philly Trifecta:
                  10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
                  Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
                  Philly Marathon-11/23
                  "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd get the 201, but it's too big. Even the 205 will be a monster on my wrists. I wonder if the next generation will be even smaller yet...? Anyone know if Garmin will be coming out with a new line anytime soon? k

~ Sarah Kay

201 and 205 are actually about the same size (I've got a 301 and OH has a 305). The difference is that the 201 is bigger sideways whereas the 205 is smaller sideways but much chunkier outwards and squarer. They are almost exactly the same weight. Having tried OH's 305 its too chunky for my little wrists so I'll be waiting for the next generation one rather than upgrading now Sad
                        I'd get the 201, but it's too big. Even the 205 will be a monster on my wrists. I wonder if the next generation will be even smaller yet...? Anyone know if Garmin will be coming out with a new line anytime soon? k
                        Hey I have tiny wrists and wear the 205 Big grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey I have tiny wrists and wear the 205 Big grin
                          I saw Joni's 205 on her teeny wrists and it was almost comical how big it looked on her. I can't figure out if the 201 would work with my Mac, or not. It doesn't appear to have a USB connection and I don't know what "serial" interface is...firewire? k

~ Sarah Kay

2008 Philly Trifecta

I'd get the 201, but it's too big. Even the 205 will be a monster on my wrists. I wonder if the next generation will be even smaller yet...? Anyone know if Garmin will be coming out with a new line anytime soon?
                            When I first got my 201, I received advice to wear it on my forearm...that's where it's been ever since. Just a glance down to the left, and I got all my info...it's got great features. You can't beat it for the $$$$ Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
                            2008 Philly Trifecta:
                            10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
                            Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
                            Philly Marathon-11/23
                            "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

The 205 is on the second to smallest hole for my teensy wrist.. It looked really silly at first, but now I'm used to it !

Anyone have pizza?

This Garmin craze may soon turn out to be my "precious" too......Shhhh, Polar Watch S625X! Go back to bed.....No you did not hear any mutinous talk about you being replaced.....No, not at all............