The 2008 Run Across New Hampshire (Read 463 times)

Young Gun

It is with great pleasure that I introduce to you all, the 2008 Run Across New Hampshire to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Hampshire! AT A GLANCE: WHO: Ultramarathon runners Nathan Sanel and “Sherpa” John Lacroix WHAT: A 124 Mile Around the Clock Run from The Connecticut River to The Atlantic Ocean. WHY: To benefit The Make-A-Wish Foundation® of New Hampshire WHEN: Saturday, October 18, 2008 – Sunday, October 19, 2008 WHERE: Route 9 Chesterfield, NH to Ordiorne State Park in Rye, NH. Check out our special RANH BLOG! (www.runnh.blogspot.com) Visit our site to donate and try your luck at wining a 2007 Honda VT600VLX!! What started out as an idea to discover New Hampshire’s autumn charm, has turned into an all out fundraiser for The Make-A-Wish Foundation® of New Hampshire. Myself and Nate Sanel are planning to run around the clock starting October 18th; 124 miles from New Hampshire’s Western-most point to the State’s easternmost point and do it all to make Wishes a reality for children battling life-threatening illnesses. Nathan Sanel is the owner of National PowerSports Distributors (www.nationalpowersports.net) in Pembroke, NH; a NH based company that sells motorcycles world-wide. Every year, Sanel plans a run that benefits a charity along with an open house to kick-off fundraising efforts held at his business. Last year he raised over $10,000 dollars on behalf of the AT Childrens Project. Nate will be hosting an open house at his business on September 13th where he will donate $100 for every motorcycle sold that day. In addition, he will be raffling off a 2007 Honda VT600VLX and has planned a full day of fun events to benefit Make-A-Wish®. Sanel was having a hard time deciding on where he wanted to run; until I presented him with an idea to run across New Hampshire. Myself... I am an ultramarathon runner from Newmarket, NH and full time student at the University of New Hampshire where I major in Outdoor Education. Previously I have raised over $20,000 on behalf of the American Diabetes Association Research Fund through a documentary film I made on hiking New Hampshire’s 4,000 Foot Peaks. I had a vision to run across New Hampshire for quite some time and was looking for the right engine to drive it. Together, myself and Nate will take to the roads of the Granite State and run on behalf of the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of New Hampshire. The Route Our journey is 124 miles (200 Kilometers) in length and will be run Around The Clock, start to finish. We will start on the NH Route 9 Bridge connecting Brattleboro, VT with Chesterfield, NH over the Connecticut River. Our Run on Route 9 will take us through the towns of Chesterfield, Keene, Sullivan, Hillsborough, Henniker, Hopkinton, and Concord. We will then take US Route 4 through the towns of Chichester, Epsom, Northwood, Barrington, Lee, Madbury, Durham, Dover and Newington. We will then run through the streets of Portsmouth and New Castle before reaching our terminus at Ordiorne State Park in Rye, NH. They also plan short stints through downtown Hillsboro, Henniker, Concord, Durham and Portsmouth. Why Make-A-Wish® A Wish can teach a sick child that anything is possible… even the future. The Make-A-Wish Foundation® of New Hampshire does an amazing job at making the dreams of children a reality. Both Nate and I are big time dreamers, and we understand the power of dreams. It would be an honor to help the dreams of children in our state come true. We also want to inspire others to get outside and join us on our journey, even if for a few hundred yards. How You Can Help We encourage everyone to show support through donations to the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of New Hampshire. We also invite everyone in the surrounding areas to come on out and run with us on our Around the Clock Journey across the state. Whether it be for 1 mile or 20 miles, we ask that you donate at least 1 dollar per mile you run beside us. About Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Hampshire Since 1986, more than 700 children battling life-threatening medical conditions across New Hampshire have experienced their dream come true. Your support helps the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of New Hampshire continue its mission of granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. The true impact of a wish cannot be valued monetarily. Yet, the Make-A-Wish Foundation® is dependent on generous contributions of individuals and corporate sponsors to provide the funding and in-kind resources necessary to create a unique wish experience for every Wish Child. These contributions provide immense hope, strength, and joy for all Wish Children and their families. To follow our training and the adventure Check out our special RANH Blog!: www.runnh.blogspot.com

www.HumanPotentialRunning.com