Richmond Marathon (Read 437 times)

oldone

I am running this race in November... Has anyone run it and care to give a report?? I appreciate it!
    xor

I am running this race in November... Has anyone run it and care to give a report?? I appreciate it!
      flat in sections, roly poly in sections, no big hills... although it does have a cool downhill finish. Pace groups, if I recall correctly. Nice tour of the city. Very well run race.

I ran it in 2007. The toughest part is crossing the Lee Bridge - it is about a mile long and it was straight into a freezing cold wind last year. The best part is running down along the James River. I didn't really care for the steep downhill finish - my quads were toast and the downhill hurt. I guess it is better than an uphill finish, however! The crowd support is very good. Tons of spectators in the neighborhoods and at the "fan zones". Overall, it is a very solid marathon.
          Would be interested to hear reviews as well. Will be a first-timer in Richmond this fall.
          xor

Would be interested to hear reviews as well. Will be a first-timer in Richmond this fall.
            This may already be known; this may not be. If it is race reviews you seek, definitely check out marathonguide.com. Go to the calendar and find this race. Click on it. You'll find tons of comments for this race. You might find some more helpful than others. But you'll get the basic vibe... in addition to the comments you get here, of course.

This may already be known; this may not be. If it is race reviews you seek, definitely check out marathonguide.com. Go to the calendar and find this race. Click on it. You'll find tons of comments for this race. You might find some more helpful than others. But you'll get the basic vibe... in addition to the comments you get here, of course.
              Thanks-will check it out!