PR's (Read 625 times)

The last several PR's I have set on my tempo runs are all the day after my long-slow distance days. Anyone out there have any theorys on why? Maybe I should run an LSD (long-slow distance) the day before my next race.
    mikeymike

Just based on the little you've said about your training I would guess that perhaps you're runnig too fast on your easy days. So when you go out for a run that is explicitly called "long-slow" you are actually running slow enough to recover for your tempos. On the other hand, tempo runs aren't races so trying to set PR's in them is probably not the best thing for your training.

Runners run

Thanks for the advice. When I set out on my runs I have good intentions but the competitiveness in me wants to keep looking at my watch and beat previous times on my routes.

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks for the advice. When I set out on my runs I have good intentions but the competitiveness in me wants to keep looking at my watch and beat previous times on my routes.
          Consider a heart rate monitor, it will keep you in your training zone.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016