RA Update (Jan 24) (Read 3712 times)

eric :)

Hi guys, I uploaded the latest changes and fixes this morning. Below are the list of notable changes:
  • Weight stats: You can now display weight training stats on your summary page. I modified the stats widgets to include strength training. The display is similar to other activities except instead of displaying distance, a tally is shown instead.
  • Group member administration: If you're an administrator of a group, you can now sort members by name and their last access time. It should help you in pruning inactive members.
  • Workout ordering in graph: After much investigation, I found a hack to display your daily workouts in the order in which you did them. The graph data is stored in a special format and I can't change them directly for you. If you wish to see your workouts in the correct order on the summary page, here's what you need to do: 1. Customize your summary page. 2. Delete the graph from your summary page 3. Add the graph widget back to your summary page 4. Select the graph you wish to display.
  • Graphing duration: Duration for different workouts is now stacked for the histogram instead of being side by side
  • Relative scaling: Next to the Y-Axis dropdown is a relative scaling checkbox. When checked, the graph will truncate the graph so that value differences will be more obvious.
  • Searching for users: You can now search for users with non-private logs. If the user has a password protected log, you'll be prompted to enter it. If the user only allows group members to view, then you'll have access to it if you are in the same group.
  • Hannibal Granite

Adding widgets back to my summary page is not working. I can delete widgets from the summary page, but it is not allowing me to add them back.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

The widget code (written by Microsoft) sometimes chokes on the data. I have no idea how or why it happens. The only workaround that I know of is by resetting your summary page, which clears everything. I need to look into why it chokes when I get a chance.

Dog-Love

Thanks for adding that sort function for the admin. Haven't tried it yet but I will!
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          galberras

fear the Col Sanders

• Weight stats: You can now display weight training stats on your summary page. I modified the stats widgets to include strength training. The display is similar to other activities except instead of displaying distance, a tally is shown instead.
          • I think I'm doing something wrong. I don't see the option to show the weight training activities. Is there some other place I should be looking? Thanks! Joel

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

Hi Joel, That is very odd! I will look into it.
                The widget code (written by Microsoft) sometimes chokes on the data. I have no idea how or why it happens. The only workaround that I know of is by resetting your summary page, which clears everything. I need to look into why it chokes when I get a chance.
                I only had issues when using the current weather gadget, if that helps. Once I removed the weather gadget, I could customize and add everything else just fine.

Sack up and run.

gimme some sugar, baby

Hey Eric, The new log looks great. I have one request. When I click on a particular date on the activity calendar or my actual calendar, it goes to the page where I can input data for that day, however, unlike when I click "New Run Entry," my shoes and last used course and run type are not selected by default. Is there any way you could maintain these selections even when someone click on a date on the activity calendar or calendar? Thanks.
                  George: Runner/Law Student
                  www.gimme-five.com
                  mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Better and better, eric - this place just keeps getting better and better!
                      This actually made mine worse. Whereas before I had only one run that wasn't showing up in the proper order now none of them are. Sad
                      And who am I anyway?
                      Just another fat jogger, evidently.

This actually made mine worse. Whereas before I had only one run that wasn't showing up in the proper order now none of them are. Sad
                        anutherfinemess, The graph displays your workouts in the order that you did them, not the order you entered them. In other words, they are sorted by time of day. Since you did not specify time of day for your workouts, the order is undefined. eric :-)

Hey Eric, The new log looks great. I have one request. When I click on a particular date on the activity calendar or my actual calendar, it goes to the page where I can input data for that day, however, unlike when I click "New Run Entry," my shoes and last used course and run type are not selected by default. Is there any way you could maintain these selections even when someone click on a date on the activity calendar or calendar? Thanks.
                          Hi George! Great to hear from you. How's everything going? The problem you mentioned is an oversight on my part. I'll have it fixed when I get a chance. eric :-)
                            Once again, Eric - you rock!!! Thanks for all the work you put into making this such an awesome site.
                            macd

Indy Half Marathon

Eric, I'm not able to add an overall widget back in - it is just taking me back to the summary page. Can you fix this? Great site! Thanks for all of your hard work!
                              mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

eric, I found what may be a bug with adding graph widgets back in (and maybe others as well - I didn't try anything besides graphs). I deleted my graph so I could re-add it and have it sort workouts in order, as you described. However, when I went to re-add it, it wouldn't save my graph - until I removed my weather widget. Once I removed the weather widget, I could add all the graphs I wanted. Once I had my summary page the way I wanted it, I just added the weather widget back, and everything was fine. It appears that the presence of the weather widget prevents adding any new graphs. Michael.