Tri Bike (Read 3511 times)

I total understand the safety aspects of riding in the aerobars, the increased reaction time to reach the breaks and stability issues. But if you have clip-ons mounted on road bike bars and are not using them, they have zero effect on any safety concerns resulting from reaching the break levers or stability since you'll be forced to use your hoods or drops. Its even pretty tough to use the top bar (straight portion) with aerobars mounted because the forearm pads usually block them, unless you have the flip-up style from Profile Design.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was aware that aerobars are frowned upon during group rides for safety reasons, but having a clip-on set mounted on your road bike bars shouldn't bother anyone if you're not riding in them.

That's what I thought, too, but apparently they are seen by many as an injury risk to others in the event of a crash.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's what I thought, too, but apparently they are seen by many as an injury risk to others in the event of a crash.

Pansies, just don't crash into THOSE people.Shocked

If thats the groups rule, I guess you gotta live with it or be okay as a lone wolf.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If thats the groups rule, I guess you gotta live with it or be okay as a lone wolf.

Kinda like a 1-man wolf pack... Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay