What should I log for my PR time? (Read 267 times)

I'd log it as a half marathon with a time of 1:50:04, but have a note to what happened.  Sucks, but that's racing.  Shit happens.  Take solace in the fact that you will destroy that PR in your next race!

This^^^^^^

Its a PR for you anyway and you know its soft and why so you can smash it next time you run one, maybe even in your marathon attempt. Logging it as a 13.37 miler that you will never race again just seems silly to me and you'll have that listed and screaming at you on your PR's list even when you start breaking the 100 minute HM mark when it should have dissappeared.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

You've gotten some very good answers here. I'll add this... Ultimately, it's your log, to use any way you want to. Do with it whatever seems right to you. Nobody will care, and if they do, too bad for them.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

log it as the 1:50 + time for now. It sucks but the chaos factor stepped in on that day.  It will motivate you to do better with a new Half marathon and this little crazy situation will just be a memory.

I always want to stop my watch when I am running on streets and come to a red light.  Sometimes the lights are 45 seconds or more but I figure all of my runs had stoplights in them so my PR's can still be set or beat  even with these annoyances.

Keep positive and hope there are no more  idiots telling you to run the wrong direction... what a funky situation.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Julia1971

I'd log it as a half marathon with a time of 1:50:04, but have a note to what happened.  Sucks, but that's racing.  Shit happens.  Take solace in the fact that you will destroy that PR in your next race!

+2.

xhristopher

What should I log as my time?  1:50:04?  1:48:29?

I ran a marathon once where I stepped off course three times (2 leaks and a dump). That probably added up to at least 90-120+ seconds.

I just logged it normally noting the irregularities. I vote you do the same.

xhristopher

kcam

I ran a marathon once where I stepped off course three times (2 leaks and a dump). That probably added up to at least 90-120+ seconds.

I just logged it normally noting the irregularities. I vote you do the same.

You 'logged' it normally?

You 'logged' it normally?

Caught my att'n as well.

About the stops in 1:30, All I san say is it must take alot of training to be able to get off course 3 times and take 2 leaks + a dump and only lose 1:30 on time.  That's impressive!  Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

x, can you post your training schedule?  I'd really like to get under 1:30 for logging this year.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

Mr MattM

This is what I'd do. Technically they should have DQ'd you and everyone else that ran off course (even though it wasn't your fault) but since they didn't and since you're confident you ran more than 13.1 I don't see a reason to exclude it from your PRs.

It sucks when that happens. I was in the lead pack of a 5-miler once when a police motorcycle led us off course. The top 11 runners (including myself) were DQ'd. Everyone was pissed, the RD felt horrible and apologized about a hundred times to the point I actually felt bad for him. Shit happens sometimes.

Runners are allowed by USATF rules to leave the course at any time provided that they do not re-enter at a point ahead of where they exited.

be curious; not judgmental

Runners are allowed by USATF rules to leave the course at any time provided that they do not re-enter at a point ahead of where they exited.

And?

Runners run

xhristopher

x, can you post your training schedule?  I'd really like to get under 1:30 for logging this year.

That was under the old training regime. The new schedule calls for coffee 60-90 minutes earlier so I'm doing my "logging" pre race like it should be done.

That was under the old training regime. The new schedule calls for coffee 60-90 minutes earlier so I'm doing my "logging" pre race like it should be done.

"Logging" --- I see what you did there. Approve

Since we are on the subject, that is what I do as well.  A half or full cup of coffee about an hour before a race, makes sure you are all set to go pre race, plus a nice caffeine boost. 

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Mr MattM

And?

Your post made it sound like runners are to be DQd for simply leaving the course and I was clarifying...  Runners can leave the course as long as they re-enter where they exited.

be curious; not judgmental

bhearn

Yeah. Almost makes me wish I drank coffee. After 80+ marathons, I still don't have a good solution to this problem.