My first 5K (Read 888 times)

Yes, it was virtual, but I ran it! My goal was to finish it in 45mins (my treadmill was telling me I was doing 15min/miles) outside. I actually ran it in 39:43:11! I kinow it's not a super-fast time...but I certainly blew my goal away. And I'm sure I can trim it down in 2007 to say 34:00:00? Stupid Treadmill Kimmer
    My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
      Yes, it was virtual, but I ran it! My goal was to finish it in 45mins (my treadmill was telling me I was doing 15min/miles) outside. I actually ran it in 39:43:11! I kinow it's not a super-fast time...but I certainly blew my goal away. And I'm sure I can trim it down in 2007 to say 34:00:00?
      Congrats! Virtual races or time trials are a great way to assess your fitness level, and you are obviously much farther along than you thought. There's nothing better than looking at those digital numbers on the race clock/running watch/treadmill and saying to yourself "I finished it that quickly!?!"

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG, girl! And maybe your dreadmill clock was off...but I definitely think 34 minutes this year is totally doable! Woot!!! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Very nice. And I think that any time six minutes under your goal is "super fast," don't you?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

My dogs are fast, not me

Congrats, Kimmer! Your time is just about what I ran my first 5K at in September, 2006. You'll definitely be able trim your time down. Take a look at my log and see what my progress has been on my 5K times for the virtual races in December & January. I'm not a speed demon by anyones definition, but I am showing improvement! Robin

Robin

Congrats, Kimmer! Your time is just about what I ran my first 5K at in September, 2006. You'll definitely be able trim your time down. Take a look at my log and see what my progress has been on my 5K times for the virtual races in December & January. I'm not a speed demon by anyones definition, but I am showing improvement! Robin
              Wow, very inspiring. I hope to be as fast as you in a few months! Smile Kimmer
              My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me

Prophet!

Nice one...6 minutes off of your goal ...that's not super-fast...its ultra-fast...

Finished!

Congratulations! Thats amazing coming in that much faster than your goal time!
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                  I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                  I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                  bas

Yes, it was virtual, but I ran it!
                    "Virtual" adds to what you accomplished! You will find when you run a "non-virtual" race that the atmosphere and the presence of other runners can give you extra power and confidence. (Sometimes too much of it which you regret by the second half of the race, but that is another story...) I also run the virtual races and I find it hard to keep the "race" feeling & speed while running on my own. So congrats on beating your goal in this way!! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Wingz

Professional Noob

Whoot! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Now that was a bath...

Kimmer that's fab! A totally winning time and it must have felt great to look at your watch and realise what you'd done. Cool I'll be looking out for your sub 35 min 5K post - betcha it's closer than you think! Woot. Claire xxx And an extra 'woot' for good measure
                      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        JakeKnight

betcha
                          Careful with that word. Trust me.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Now that was a bath...

Maybe I want my own forum.
                          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                              Congrats, Kimmer, way to go!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

Wingz

Professional Noob

Maybe I want my own forum.
                                Just start it yourself! Wink

Roads were made for journeys...