Rock removal advice (Read 446 times)

Swadvad

I've been sick for almost 3 weeks, but managed to get in a short, slow run last night after work. About halfway through, I got a small rock inside my right shoe. When I stopped to remove it, I squatted down, placing my weight on my left side. When I started back, my left shin and leg started screaming at me. I struggled the rest of the way, although it wasn't that far. I'm thinking that I should have sat on my butt, with my legs out in front of me while I dumped the rock out of my shoe and retied it. I've had this happen a few times before. Is there any good way to interrupt a run for rock removal without straining your legs too badly?

#artbydmcbride

Stand on one leg like a stork and lift the other leg up to where you can reach it by bending at the knee? I really have no idea (could you guess? Big grin) But maybe if you stretched a bit afterwards before continuing your run, you would have avoided the aches.

Runners run

RunsTheBiteroot

Tourist

Hi Davdaws! I learned how to manipulate up to 3 rocks during my run, so I wait until the run is over. My longest distance with a rock is about 22 miles. Larry
        "If you see a man running up a mountain trail with a fly pole attached to his back, you are probably lost"ldd