How to pick up running chicks? (Read 894 times)

+1. Hi Harriet! What's a nice girl like you doing in a thread like this? Would you ever date a running goon?

Well, the goon part is off-putting. I guess it would depend on where and how often he were able and willing to carry me around after picking me up. Sometimes I do wish to be carried places, as walking is such a drag.

xor

Sounds like a troll.

Inconceivable.

Julia1971

LOL!  I was hoping someone would post a picture of a running chick.  Adorable!

running chick

OP, in case you're not trolling, I don't have any experience picking up chicks (I think "women"/"girls" are okay terms.  I like "gals", too.  "Skirts" is also frowned upon) but as one I can tell you I probably wouldn't talk to some random guy that approached me on a run.  I'd be too busy trying to figure out if he's an axe murderer or not.  I have talked to guys after a race, though, and usually all it takes is something like, "How'd your race go?".  Don't say, "Are you the girl I outkicked at the end?"  Chicks hate that.  Still, I think you'd be better off joining a running group of some type so that you can actually get to know the gal and figure out whether the two of you are even compatible and she can scope you out a few times and assess whether you're an axe murderer or not.

Now, can we have more pictures of chicks running, please?

I think runner LADIES like it the best when you sprint past them and show them how fast you really are. lol

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Tiefsa

I coached boys CC for one season and then picked up the CC coach for the girls team.  Now were married.  Try that angle.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I coached boys CC for one season and then picked up the CC coach for the girls team.  Now were married.  Try that angle.

Aww.  This made me smile.

steph  

C-R

Inconceivable.

I don't think this word means what you think it means (helps to say it in a Spanish accent)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

dennrunner

They like to be called "dames."

or "broads."

Meat Wagon

Puker

So, do you guys have any tips?

Tip #1

Don't be unattractive.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

Turbolegs

Hi there, I am a 26 yo runner who is looking for ways to actually meet a nice girl who I can date and run with.

This is hard for me, I have never had a relationship with a girl before.

Sorry .. but what exactly is hard for you?

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Talking to dames.

Picking up chicks.

You know, treating women like people.

(Really, I think this is a troll.  I'm more concerned that it's not.)

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                        Emil Zatopek

Chris T

or "broads."

It's 2013. I'd recommend 'bitches'. And uncountable number of rap artists can't be wrong.

Dress sharp, my man. Ladies love a blue blazer and a nice pair of cutoffs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's a "that's what he/she said" joke here...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Revenge of the Nerd

It's all about the pick up line.  Just make it running related.

Riffing on SubDood's greeting to rhr:  "What's a nice girl like you doing in a race like this?"

"I'm calling the police because you're running away with my heart."

"Who needs a monitor? One glance at you and I've reached HRmax."

Or this variation on a classic: "Your pace or mine?"

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn