Resting Heart Rates (Read 1032 times)

Half Fanatic #846

34 resting HR when I first wake up in the morning, then averaging 44 during the day. (It's always been low, but this is the lowest it's been - I started running 4 years ago at age 58). Cool Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Marathon Maniac #3309

This might seem odd, but my resting HR is always lowest late in the afternoon...usually around 42 to 45 bpm. But I almost always run at night time which may explain the delayed lower HR....I guess Confused Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

jules2

64 resting, all people are different compare it car fuel. diesel = low revs, petrol ( or do you call it gas? ) medium, two stroke = high revs all going the same speed. On paper mine should be far lower with the exercise I take but its always been the same and I've never failed a medical, my brother's is always around 10 lower than mine. Generally a low rate equals higher fitness but there are exceptions Daniels' mentions a world record holder who's resting rate was never below 60 ( he promised me it would be our secret)

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

racerunner1314

48 bpm
          Carps10

64 resting, all people are different compare it car fuel. diesel = low revs, petrol ( or do you call it gas? ) medium, two stroke = high revs all going the same speed. On paper mine should be far lower with the exercise I take but its always been the same and I've never failed a medical, my brother's is always around 10 lower than mine. Generally a low rate equals higher fitness but there are exceptions Daniels' mentions a world record holder who's resting rate was never below 60 ( he promised me it would be our secret)
            this is true the lowest I've ever recorded mine was 52 and it's usually more like 55, but I ran 16:20. meanwhile people on this forum are recording rates under 40 and running 25:00+

Half Fanatic #846

this is true the lowest I've ever recorded mine was 52 and it's usually more like 55, but I ran 16:20. meanwhile people on this forum are recording rates under 40 and running 25:00+
              That's true - I'm a prime example. RHR 34 and 29:00 for me! Anyone wanna trade some speed for some lower heart rate? Wink

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Flat footer

Mine was 53 last night before i went to bed...

jules2

zero this morning, s**t I'm dead.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

My son works for a place that does testing of new drugs on people. He takes blood pressure readings of people everyday, so I'm sure he knows how to assess the data. Anyway he has his taken pretty regularly (Bored while on breaks I guess). His averages 47 and he can barely run 10k in over an hour. He doesn't train, just once in a blue moon comes out with me. The company accepts people for testing if their heart rate falls between 55 and 90. He tells me he has seen the odd person who would record lower than 55 and he wouldn't think they could run around the block

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius