I'm creating a monster! (Read 1471 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

He looks great in pic #1; clearly fading in pic #2.  No doubt he will improve his pacing and focus as he gains experience.

Congratulations to him from the interwebs!   He probably isn't thrilled about Mom bragging about him to the world, but too bad.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! He's already decided he doesn't want to wait until 2013 to crush his PR, so we'll do a turkey trot and apply some of his new knowledge. He's well and truly hooked!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Back to the PBone thing, that quartet would be awesome.  I'd buy one and join your combo if I lived anywhere near.  Just curious, do they sound like s***?

I don't think you'll see them in the Chicago Symphony any time soon, but they sound like a trombone to me. It would be interesting to do a blindfold test with pros and amateurs. There are sound variations in metal  trombones, so there has got to be a "plastic" sound.  They are pretty amazing, though.

MTA  I play a selmer K modified

And great kid pics, by the way.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And great kid pics, by the way.

Thanks!  And it's pretty cool to hear real musicians so impressed with the Pbone.  For $150 it does sound like a pretty cool "toy."  I'm surprised I don't see more of them around.  It kind of makes more sense than renting a low-end trombone for a kid that's just going to damage it, most likely.

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I wonder if it's getting widespread use in beginning band programs.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder if it's getting widespread use in beginning band programs.

One of the RA users is in Scotland and said that she's seen them used in her school's band program.  I think she teaches in a primary school.  Schools could buy a fleet of these things and rent them out themselves, I'd think.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dane (13) is back to running, again, after a 1.5 year hiatus.  We're targeting a 5k in mid-June.  Tonight we ran nearly 3 miles on easy trail...he ran at least 2 of those miles.  We didn't even take a walk break until 1.15.  This is only his third run since his turkey trot in Nov. '12.  I don't know how he talks as much as he does while running...and most of his activity over the past year has been "gaming." 

On the return of tonight's run he got a bug up his butt to climb a tree.  He slid part way down on his butt while trying to dismount.  Oops.  Running with him is pretty fun.

He's transferring to a larger school this Fall, so he's already interested in running XC, since his new school has a middle school team.  I'm pretty excited to see what that might bring.  I'm already prepared to have him kick my butt at the June 5k.  This isn't the same little kid I was running with <2 years ago.

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I like.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like.

Me too!  I'm so glad he's not a ball sports kind of kid.  I loathe football and baseball (slow....BOring!!).  I'd be OK with basketball, if he were interested in that...no conflict with Fall XC and Spring Track. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

joescott

Me too!  I'm so glad he's not a ball sports kind of kid.  I loathe football and baseball (slow....BOring!!).  I'd be OK with basketball, if he were interested in that...no conflict with Fall XC and Spring Track. Big grin

Amen, sister!  Having running kids is the best!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I love this. Go Dane!

My 2.5-year-old often does laps around the playground. I am not allowed to come along. He tells me, "Nein Mama! I'm going running! You have to stay home!" The other day he ran 2 kilometers/4 laps around the park in front of our house, only stopping to yell at me "I'm going to the office! You can't come!" and "I'm running mama! You go home!" (That was a super-long run for him though. He refueled with approximately an entire package of pasta and went to bed an hour earlier than usual that night.)

I fear for the future...

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nice.

steph  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love this. Go Dane!

My 2.5-year-old often does laps around the playground. I am not allowed to come along. He tells me, "Nein Mama! I'm going running! You have to stay home!" The other day he ran 2 kilometers/4 laps around the park in front of our house, only stopping to yell at me "I'm going to the office! You can't come!" and "I'm running mama! You go home!" (That was a super-long run for him though. He refueled with approximately an entire package of pasta and went to bed an hour earlier than usual that night.)

I fear for the future...

Independence and willfulness of a 2-3 year old AND a runner...prepare to spend a lot on groceries and not see much of him!

~ Sarah Kay