Why did I stop getting better? (Read 463 times)

Feeling the growl again

So, when you were a phone sex operator, did you always impersonate one woman or did you have a selection? At this point, I just hope you never start studying bonobos.

Those are some freaky monkeys.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Robert is not really a troll, but a crackpot.

If I were a crackpot as you so deem, then why would Nike have wasted any time testing my technique in the first place?

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Ostrich runner

If I were a crackpot as you so deem, then why would Nike have wasted any time testing my technique in the first place?

And if those tests showed anything at all suggestive that your hypothesis was correct, then why don't we see any of the countless people they sponsor using your technique?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

sport jester

Biomimeticist

And if those tests showed anything at all suggestive that your hypothesis was correct, then why don't we see any of the countless people they sponsor using your technique?

Because Alberto Salazar's ego was too fragile to let someone like me prove I know more about teaching running than he does.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Ostrich runner

You don't even have access to the data?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Because they, along with Salazar, have a reputation as being extremely open-minded to new ideas.  The fact that they tested your techniques and rejected them speaks volumes.  It is only after people apply actual science and reject you that you layer personal insults on them and play the victim of some grand conspiracy of their arrogance.

If Nike could improve Galen Rupp or Ryan Hall...or ANY of the elites they sponsor....by even 10%, they would blow not only the East Africans but all WRs out of the water.  A 10% improvement for Hall, for example, would take him to a sub-2 hour marathon.  It defies all business sense for them to pass up such an opportunity, if it proved valid.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Because they, along with Salazar, have a reputation as being extremely open-minded to new ideas.  The fact that they tested your techniques and rejected them speaks volumes.  It is only after people apply actual science and reject you that you layer personal insults on them and play the victim of some grand conspiracy of their arrogance.

If Nike could improve Galen Rupp or Ryan Hall...or ANY of the elites they sponsor....by even 10%, they would blow not only the East Africans but all WRs out of the water.  A 10% improvement for Hall, for example, would take him to a sub-2 hour marathon.  It defies all business sense for them to pass up such an opportunity, if it proved valid.

You underestimate the power of the fitness-industrial complex, my friend. Eisenhower tried to warn us....

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Because they, along with Salazar, have a reputation as being extremely open-minded to new ideas.

Their lab tested my technique and approved me to work with Salazar. My techniques weren't rejected on any scientific merit. It was pure ego. Salazar can't explain the women of Kenya, their load bearing skills, or would give me access to the athletes under his control.

If he would have let me train his athletes and I would have failed to improve their speed by 20% I would fully have walked away and not done anything about it. He's as open to new ideas as the Catholic church was to admitting the sun was the center of the universe (since they didn't apologize for Galileo's writings in 1632 until 1992...).

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Not to mention I'm still waiting for you to link a reference proving you've taught anyone besides the figment of your imagination

Ironically that is what everyone here is waiting for from you.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Their lab tested my technique and approved me to work with Salazar. My techniques weren't rejected on any scientific merit. 

I see.  So they produced data validating your 20% claim?  Where is it?  Given the ability to take a sub-elite athlete and turn them into a world record holder, why did no athletes jump ship for the easy route to a millionaire working with you?

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I see.  So they produced data validating your 20% claim?  Where is it?  Given the ability to take a sub-elite athlete and turn them into a world record holder, why did no athletes jump ship for the easy route to a millionaire working with you?

The data was internally produced and internally held. I no longer have access to it. Stew could figure it out, so why can't you?

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Teenager, no, but this article is who you are trying to talk to.

Robert is not really a troll, but a crackpot.  Score him by reading his threads and applying the crackpot index.  Recent posts referencing himself as being immune to peer review because he has no peers, and Seal Team Six, have upped his score.  He's not spouting BS to stir the pot, he really believes this stuff and lives in a different world constructed around being a victim of those trying to deny his genius.

I like how the American Physics Society has dealt with crackpots.  Hey Robert, maybe you should submit your work there...

Wow! After reading that article now I kind of feel bad for him. He's really pathetic. A sad sac for sure. Probably best to be ignored completely. Now I know for sure that he has nothing to teach. saw him in his youtube video too. A fat guy walking in bare feet at point 2 miles per hour isn't  going to get me faster - bored maybe, but not faster. The guys a screwup since highschool and clearly isn't a runner, isn't a running coach, isn't a scientist, has no degree, perhaps no job.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Wow! After reading that article now I kind of feel bad for him. He's really pathetic. A sad sac for sure. Probably best to be ignored completely. Now I know for sure that he has nothing to teach. saw him in his youtube video too. A fat guy walking in bare feet at point 2 miles per hour isn't  going to get me faster - bored maybe, but not faster. The guys a screwup since highschool and clearly isn't a runner, isn't a running coach, isn't a scientist, has no degree, perhaps no job.

Which proves your opinions of me have no connection to the science behind what I teach....

So why won't you try the masking tape exercise. Then you could really prove me inept. Better yet, why don't you use a heart rate monitor to compare how you walk with how I teach walking and really show how stupid I am.

If you don't have the guts to try it for yourself, I'll call you an idiot any and every day of the week.

C-R

I challenge you to a race walk in the department store of your choosing. You can come to NJ or I will come out to you in Ohio.

Wait? What? Ohio? Holly crap that's too close for comfort. Time to erect the barricades. We got crazy in IN but don't need any more.

One question there SJ Super Genius. If Kenyan women improved efficiency 20% under load bearing conditions, why did they revert back under non-load bearing conditions to their old in-efficient selves. Seems efficiency should be maintained at all forms of movement or its not a repeatable, adaptable or a new baseline.

And the final idea is that the Nike empire would completely discard an idea that would create a whole new level of wealth and records because one person who is a coach (not a business manager beholden to the shareholders) could squash this is ludicrous. As a share holder in Nike, I want some answers since this is keeping me from a proper ROI.

Oh this thread is pure troll gold. Epic. Just to sum it up for my, what was is oh yeah barfology. We have a theory, no peers capable of reviewing since they are inferior, no data to review and no results in any race, event or competition but it will guaranteed make me 20% better. Moonbeams and unicorns.

Oh and why do you think we run counter clockwise on a track? You seem to know so enlighten us poor uneducated and feeble minded lemmings.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/