Best run of my life... (Read 583 times)

Now that was a bath...

I am so happy. Seriously I have never been on such a natural high in my life. I just spent the last ten minutes raving to my husband about my run. I seriuosly just had the best running experience of my life. I decided to run in the early evening rather than my usual, crawl out of bed and hit the asphalt immediately. Now I had heard that it was easier to run later in the day but I never expected it to be this much easier. I began my long run and by the half way point had enjoyed every step. My breathing was perfect (completely unlabored) my legs felt strong and even the hills didn't faze me. I kept going, expecting at any point to feel fatigued...it just didn't happen. I decided to extend my run slightly adding an extra 0.5 km and I finished the whole run with ease. I felt like I could have run for miles longer. I have never been in the zone like this before. I am completely addicted. I am in shock. I can't shut up about how much I enjoyed it. I'm telling you - for a girl that spent years turning to heroin - there isn't a single drug that comes close to this euphoria! Waiheke here I come!!!! My pace was 9:41 and it was effortless. Sweaty but effortless! I'll shut up now and bore my husband a bit more! Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn, girl, and you were fast, too! That IS awesome! And you should be proud of yourself! What a great way to start the week! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin Big grin Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Glad you had a great run- keep that one in the memory bank to recall when you need it.
          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

My dogs are fast, not me

Isn't it great when it all comes together perfectly!

Robin

You'll ruin your knees!

Yep, it's THOSE kind of days that get us back out there again and again! Way to go! Oh, uhm what was your cadence? (kidding, I'm kidding!) Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Good for you!!! Now whenever you have a worse day just remember this run. Wish you more runs like that
                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Finished!

that sounded fantastic! I love it when runs come together like that Smile
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                  I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                  I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

Now that was a bath...

Yep, it's THOSE kind of days that get us back out there again and again! Way to go! Oh, uhm what was your cadence? (kidding, I'm kidding!) Lynn B
                    Well funny you should mention it, but I haven't got a clue. Big grin Emotionally it was 180 though - even if it sucked in real life! I so badly wish that I could run in the early evening all the time now! It's unlikely to happen much as my evenings are very busy and my husband and family like my attention (which is why I run in the early hours, so as not to affect my family time). I am definitely going to try to switch two of my five weekly runs to the evening though. My long run at the weekend can be moved (as I have familly time all day) and one of my weekday runs can be jiggled by cooking dinner earlier in the day and some minor preparations. And thanks everyone for putting up with my rant! I was just so excited I had to share! Claire xxx
                  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.