Snacks you might keep in hotel for the night before the marathon (Read 318 times)

Joann Y

Congratulations on sub-3.

Not to de-rail this very informative thread. But, whoa, congratulations.

xhristopher

Not to de-rail this very informative thread. But, whoa, congratulations.

Thanks.

But back on topic ... Good double IPAs are where it's at for pre race carbo loading. There is something in the hops. I believe it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks.

But back on topic ... Good double IPAs are where it's at for pre race carbo loading. There is something in the hops. I believe it.

I would like to believe it, but I've been blaming night-before beer for my sluggishness at Boston.  Maybe I was just a slug, though.

xhristopher

I would like to believe it, but I've been blaming night-before beer for my sluggishness at Boston.  Maybe I was just a slug, though.

Do you fuel for your training runs with beer too? If not, you changed your routine. Staying in routine helps. Touring around doesn't. The further I stray from my routine the worse I do. I was just as fit for my last destination race, the conditions were decent, and I ran like a slug.

Maybe it's travel and what you are doing in the days before. The most important thing I can do before a big race is to get good nights sleep 2, 3, and 4 nights out in my own bed. The night before shouldn't matter.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Do you fuel for your training runs with beer too? If not, you changed your routine. Staying in routine helps.

Right, so what you're saying is LL needs to get tanked every night during training.  Gotcha.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

FSBD

Hot, Humid, & Hungover tempo runs are great simulations both mentally and physically for the last few miles.  When I come out with my marathon training book this will be one of the "Something of Substance" workouts.

Right, so what you're saying is LL needs to get tanked every night during training.  Gotcha.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

xhristopher

Hot, Humid, & Hungover tempo runs are great simulations both mentally and physically for the last few miles.  When I come out with my marathon training book this will be one of the "Something of Substance" workouts.

I thing we're on to something. LL should also push one of his kids on a stroller for marathon paced runs during his cycle. If you can push your kid in the heat while hung over at pace you can certainly run that pace on race day.

Joann Y

Add a 40 lb weight vest and you got a shot at going sub 2:00. For sure.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Interesting ideas, guys.  Taking under advisement.

DaBurger

I thing we're on to something. LL should also push one of his kids on a stroller for marathon paced runs during his cycle. If you can push your kid in the heat while hung over at pace you can certainly run that pace on race day.

Why is all this advice limited to LL?

Know thyself.

xhristopher

Do you have access to a kid you can push around on a hot day while hungover?

Do you have access to a kid so you can run on your new treadmill while letting the tv/xbox/ipad babysit it?

DaBurger

I think my roommates could be adequate substitutes, however I'd have to get the stroller...

Know thyself.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

'Cause I'm special.

I have a couple of fully adult kids, but I fear they would balk at helping me train that way.  Stroller on a treadmill...you'd need a pretty long deck.

The FSBD-HHH method of training has some promise, but my motivation sags badly under such conditions.

MorisetteStevens

Carbonara and banana shake for me..

2 1/2 to 3 hours before my marathon tomorrow morning I'll eat a cup of oatmeal and 2 poptarts.  First time I've tried this combination, so will have to see how it works out.  I didn't eat at all before Chicago a couple of weeks ago and I slowed down in the latter miles.