My recent MAF test (Read 647 times)

Maffetone

Just thought I would share my recent findings with you guys. At the beginning of the year, I did MAF training for 6 weeks, and my best MAF result was an average pace of 7:47 per mile, over 4 miles. After I finished this I did a 5k race(first bit more or less of speed work for me in 7 weeks) and I PR'd from 21:13 to 18:57. I have just started my base building again, and I am at the end of week 2. I decided to do another MAF test, in fact I did one yesterday, on a flat canal, and these were my findings: Mile 1 7:36 Mile 2 7:38 Mile 3 7:40 Mile 4 7:22 This averaged out at 7:34 pace. Stayed under MAF by 2 beats Today I did another MAF for the hell of it, and here were my findings: Mile 1 7:35 Mile 2 7:06 downhill Mile 3 8:00 uphill Mile 4 7:33 Average pace again 7:34. Undr MAF by 2 beats Just thought I would share this with you guys, as I am well impressed and only in week 2, and already 13 seconds per mile in my MAF test ahead of my previous phase. Should be flying hopefully when I go back to racing in time.