Heart Center of the Rockies 1/2 Marathon (Read 522 times)

db7

Ran the 1/2 today with Captn Curt and my other running partner. The day started off really good. Bout 34ish at start. Not too big of a crowd. We started off with the plan of breaking 2 hours. Really good pacing with the three of us trading the lead. Fairly flat course. Captn finished really strong at 1:55. I finished ok at 1:57 and change. Great morning overall. Really nice to run with others at the same pace. Running with the mountains in your view the entire run doesn't hurt either. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

va

Hey DB, Nice PR and improvement (looked at you log)!!!
        That's a good day any way you look at it Brad. Congratulations on hitting the goal. Smile

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

db7

We had fun. Nice to plan a run and then make it happen. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Golden Buff

My 2 cents! Brad and Jason set an aggressive pace for the first half and they really pushed this old guy to keep up. I just had the advantage of having more training mileage recently so I was able to hold on to the pace in the second half. Actually, I cheated too, by sucking down a gel at the half way point or my legs would have been rebelling before I crossed the finish line. The weather was near perfect and the crowd of runners was small enough to be enjoyable but big enough so that we always had somebody just ahead to try to catch. Also had 3 members of a local running meet-up there doing the half and it was fun seeing some other folks I train with in the race. This was really good pace work for my marathon on the 18th in Mt. Home, AR.
            Curt

Another Passion

Good race guys. Way to go!

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Nice job on the PR, DB! Wow - 15 minutes that's awesome!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Very nice work, guys! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

db7

Nice job on the PR, DB! Wow - 15 minutes that's awesome!
                    The only other half I did was very hilly. My first mile in the other race was just over 14 minutes. BIG hill the first mile. DB