switching shoe plan (Read 719 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This is kinda abtruse request, but as long as I don't run more than once in a day, and can record my whole run in one workout (altho, often I don't), then it is easy to get my shoes right -- I alternate shoes, so under those conditions, the workout form guesses my shoes wrong 100% of the time, so I always switch it to the other one. But when I have to split a workout up, that breaks that rule. Anyway, it would be kinda neat if there was a switch to set it to guess rotation among shoes by day -- ie, guess the other pair from whichever pair was used most recently. I realize this is kind of an abtruse request, but I hope it doesn't hurt to toss it out Smile (Actually, I'm not quite trusting enough to just switch the shoes on the dropdown; I often walk back outside and look when I am entering the run, to see which pair I wore -- I leave them outside when I return, to air out.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I've been meaning to write a greasemonkey script that just "deselects" my shoe option and forces me to pick one. Since I rotate between 4 or 5 pairs of shoes at a time, I'm guessing that an auto-guess would be pretty difficult.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Hi AmoresPerros, After taking a quick glance at your log, it seems like the run types are different for a number of your runs. It could be possible to add the capability to remember the last shoe used for each run type. Would that help? -brian
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No, I switch shoes every run -- that is it, that is my rule. The run types are unrelated to that. I mark runs as Easy, unless I think they're long enough to be marked long. I mark them as warmup & warmdown if I actually bothered to do separate warmup & warmdown and actually bothered to track their mileage separately (which I don't usually think about). I admit this whole feature request is a weird little thing -- as Blaine says, it just opens the door to much more complicated rotation schedules which will likely be too hard.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

BTW, I'm not sure I get any value out of marking warmup type, warmdown type, and long run type -- really, they're all pretty similar to my easy type, which is almost all I run at the moment, so I could just mark everything easy. But it was fun putting in the new types, and it makes pretty different colors. Smile