Run Commuting and Food (Read 1550 times)

Freezing bananas is the first step to making one of the most the most brilliant banana-based recipes ever.

On a more relevant note: I understand your fear of the fridge. We have two in my 'student village' (i.e. PhD/post-doc office) and they're rank. But I have a lot of fruit at my desk as I have a spare drawer in my filing cabinet which is filled with big bags of apples, oranges, punnets of grapes and various other fruits. The way to get them to work without mushing them is to a) get a bag which has waste and chest straps and learn how to fit it properly so it doesn't bounce around and b) improve your running form so you're not bouncing up and down. Personally, I find running to my office once in a while with a heavy baag helps keep my form in check.

It is hard not to bounce up and down when running down a 1.5 mile hill. And yes that is a good dessert.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Eat more snakes.  ha.

This is an indirect way to eat mice?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

drrbradford

dr bradford - are you really a doctor?

This is the third time in a week; no, my initials and surname are D. R. R. and Bradford respectively. However, give me three years.

"run" "2" "eat"

third time this week, eh? some sort of reverse hat trick there. relax, dr rr, i am just yanking your chain.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

L Train

i am just yanking your chain.

Come on, he didn't discern your meaning.  You are getting soft with age.

"run" "2" "eat"

different playground, different rules.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

L Train

different playground, different rules.

J-sky is putting that into question. 

"run" "2" "eat"

why are you quoting everything i say?

why are you quoting everything i say?

Because we are working the new feature. This is how you show appreciation to Eric.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So, I have been run commuting, and it has been tough with the extra weight on my back. Anyway, I run 6 miles to get to work and I like to eat lots of fruit. However, the fruit doesn't want to last through the run. I put some grapes and cherries in a plastic container and when I was done running they were mush. Basically, everything I want to eat seems to get mashed. What the hell am I going to do?

Want fruit?  Store lambic in your office.  Problem solved.

I am pretty sure I could get in trouble for that. lol

It sounds to me like you know what the solution to your problem is, you just need to accept it.  If you've done all you can to reduce the amount of movement in your backpack, then you probably just need to choose other fruits.  I commute to/from work once or twice a week with a laptop, change of clothes, and a lunch (usually a sandwich, apple/orange, granola bar, and trail mix), and everything seems to remain intact despite the hilly terrain.

If grapes and cherries are crucial to your well-being, maybe just save them for your evening meal?

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

325th place or bust!

Thank you, I learned something new today.

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

It sounds to me like you know what the solution to your problem is, you just need to accept it.  If you've done all you can to reduce the amount of movement in your backpack, then you probably just need to choose other fruits.  I commute to/from work once or twice a week with a laptop, change of clothes, and a lunch (usually a sandwich, apple/orange, granola bar, and trail mix), and everything seems to remain intact despite the hilly terrain.

If grapes and cherries are crucial to your well-being, maybe just save them for your evening meal?

Yeah, I was just hoping someone had an idea to, so that I could bring the grapes and cherries. I think I got some good suggestions, and I will try them out tomorrow. I had put the container at the top of my bag, so I will move it to the bottom. Also, I will use a container which will be completely packed. I might even try putting something on top of the container to insure it doesn't move. I do also think that the bag could be part of the problem, since it does move about a little too much. The damn straps loosen on me and I have to tighten them every 1/2 mile or so. If I didn't have to adjust them based on load size I would just put some tape around the strap. This way they wouldn't slip.

Good luck to you... FYI, this is what I use, and I'm pretty happy with it... not much bounce at all, and just enough room for the essentials.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac