Love your bottled water? (Read 1091 times)

an amazing likeness

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Presented by Online Education
      The Facts About Bottled Water
        great info. unfortunately "in the now", too much $ is being made.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

i sacrificed the gift

Bottled water is still safer than tap water once you factor in germ infested SIGG or Nalgene bottles, or even glassware that you wash every use.

The only safe way to drink tap water is to use styrofoam solo cups which defeats the purpose.

I understand that it's bad on the environment, but I just care too much for my health to drink tap water.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
          Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
          Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Bottled water is still safer than tap water once you factor in germ infested SIGG or Nalgene bottles, or even glassware that you wash every use.

Help me understand what is wrong with my glassware.

And what kind of germs infest my Nalgene?

i sacrificed the gift

It's just simple that glassware sitting on a shelf is going to have more germs than a hermetic sealed environment.

If you wash your nalgene good with hot water and soap after every use, congrats, you have much better hygiene than 99.9% of users.

But in terms of safety you're basically talking about the difference between using a remote to change the channel from the couch and getting up and walking to the tv.  Neither is a remotely dangerous activity.

Runners run

The only safe way to drink tap water is to use styrofoam solo cups which defeats the purpose.

I understand that it's bad on the environment, but I just care too much for my health to drink tap water.

i used to work for a bottling plant. you would not believe the sh*t that gets through. lol

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

i sacrificed the gift

i used to work for a bottling plant. you would not believe the sh*t that gets through. lol

Yes and the same would be said by someone who used to work for a municipal water facility.  Nothing is completely clean, we just have to make the best play we can based on what we know to be true.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It's just simple that glassware sitting on a shelf is going to have more germs than a hermetic sealed environment.

That is true.  But far far far far far far far fewer germs than are already all over your body, hands, mouth, in the air around you, on your pillow, on your toothbrush, the bathroom door handle, your forks and knives, in your potato chips, on your running shoes.  And almost none of those germs are actually pathogenic. Most of them, in fact, are helpful.

There are more bacterial cells in your body than there are human cells.

i sacrificed the gift

But in terms of safety you're basically talking about the difference between using a remote to change the channel from the couch and getting up and walking to the tv.  Neither is a remotely dangerous activity.

Say what you want man, but I rate my health and wellbeing pretty highly, and to drink from the cesspool of reusable glassware or bottles is simply too risky for me.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Back when I worked in retail there was discussion that certain chocolate manufacturers allow more bug parts/# than others did.  The particular discussion we were having was re: Godiva.  I don't recall now how Godiva fared vs. other companies...and I don't care.  Their buggy chocolate is yummy.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

we just have to make the best play we can based on what we know to be true.

True.  And since tap water has to meet cleanliness standards that bottled water does not, the tap water is likely the safer option.

Say what you want man, but I rate my health and wellbeing pretty highly, and to drink from the cesspool of reusable glassware or bottles is simply too risky for me.

Fair enough.  I like to live on the edge.

Runners run

i sacrificed the gift

That is true.  But far far far far far far far fewer germs than are already all over your body, hands, mouth, in the air around you, on your pillow, on your toothbrush, the bathroom door handle, your forks and knives, in your potato chips, on your running shoes.  And almost none of those germs are actually pathogenic. Most of them, in fact, are helpful.

There are more bacterial cells in your body than there are human cells.

Agreed -- there are germs everywhere.  We have to do what we can to minimize contact with them.  This includes things like drinking bottled water, using plastic forks and knives, opening the bathroom door with a paper towel, and washing our pillowcases weekly.

It is inconceivable to think that one could avoid contact with all germs.  But a rational person will do what they can, and will not drink tap water from refillable glassware.