can't connect Garmin 220 with iphone 6s (Read 54 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I used to be able to pair my watch to my iphone 5s with the slightly annoying Garmin app on my phone, via bluetooth.

But now that I have a 6s, it won't sync.  Any thoughts or ideas or fixes?

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

an amazing likeness

If you have the Garmin Connect Mobile app it will work seamlessly. Install the Garmin Connect Mobile app, sync your Forerunner 220 to it, and Bob's Your Uncle.

See this link on the Garmin Support site for details: link

(the above assumes (1) Garmin Connect is working correct, which it is not at this time; and (2) you have setup the RA <-> Garmin Connect integration)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I had been using the Garmin connect app on my 5s.

Still using it on my 6s but like I said it won't sync.

You mentioned it it all assumes the Garmin connect app is working correctly, which it is not. Is there a known issue with it at this time?

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

My 6S is sinking fine with my 220.  Are you sure your Garmin is not in the locked position?  Bluetooth is on and the App is open?

rmcj001

Have you gone through all the steps for correcting?  E.G. turned off blue tooth on both phone and watch? Reset watch and phone? Power cycled watch and phone?  etc... To be honest, with 225 it was always flakey for me and I mostly use computer and USB line these days.  Much less frustration for me...

Ray

Ray