RA status (July 9, 2008) (Read 2202 times)

eric :)

RA went down at around 2:30 PM today. I wasn't aware of it until some users emailed me. Thank you! I looked through the web server log. The error event was recorded but I wasn't sure what it meant. It appears to be a web server error as opposed to database error. In other words, the only negative affect is you weren't able to reach the site. I'll have to do more research to find out the possible cause to this problem. I'll update you on anything I find. eric Smile
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Runs through nekkid...whoo hooo!!! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Whew! I thought I broke it somehow. Big grin

Michelle

The web server is still having issues. I don't know why it cropped up suddenly.
            The web server is still having issues. I don't know why it cropped up suddenly.
            I didn't do it!!!!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is it too late to blame Y2k? Wink Hope you can get to the bottom of things, Eric, but don't stress about it and DO NOT stay up all night trying to figure things out if the fix isn't a quick one. Your priorities should be Eric > real, PAID job > your life > etc. ... > RA. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

When all else fails, reboot the computer. I just did that and to my relief, the server came back up. I also installed the latest patches but I doubt they mattered. Before the reboot, the server was exhibiting some weird behavior, but nothing would explain the crashes.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Before the reboot, the server was exhibiting some weird behavior, but nothing would explain the crashes.
                  Did you check for flying monkeys...? Confused

~ Sarah Kay

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I happened to have a break at that moment and when it wouldn't load - I was lost - just a testament to how much I love RA. Don't sweat the gremlins in the machine Eric.
                    ~ Fly ~
                    Only as much as I dream can I be.
                    veggies on the run

An hour after the reboot and the web server hasn't complained yet. Maybe there are gremlins on this machine.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe there are gremlins on this machine.
                        That's hot...

~ Sarah Kay

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Marquess of Utopia

Every time I clicked on this link the server went down. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/RACF/Forum/9fd6d4b842ba4202a9cbbdf11d6beef3 I think my table was corrupt.

Former runner

I noticed that the server keeps logging me off while browsing the forums tonight. Sad No big deal. Hope you get the problem figured out.

Ross

Is it too late to blame Y2k? Wink Hope you can get to the bottom of things, Eric, but don't stress about it and DO NOT stay up all night trying to figure things out if the fix isn't a quick one. Your priorities should be Eric > real, PAID job > your life > etc. ... > RA. Smile
                                Ditto. This time of year, we all need some multi-purpose Gremlin/Flying Monkey/mosquito repellant. Without DEET, please. Anyone who can develop this will be compensated by The Society Against the Wicked Witch (aka SAWW) and by Loyal Supporters of RA (aka LSORA).

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen