How many miles on your treadmill? (Read 138 times)

koder

How many miles have you and your family endured on your treadmill?

Our PaceMaster Pro Elite crapped out after about 12 years, 4300+ miles, 700+hours RIP

What is in it for me: I am looking for used treadmills with low miles. Trouble is, not sure how to verify miles on all the brands / models.

Please reply to this RW post to describe how to check total miles / hours on your treadmill

http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/how-to-verify-total-miles-on-treadmills

Reply here to tell how much you have abused yours.

koder

PaceMaster Pro Elite crapped out after about 12 years, 4300+ miles, 700+hours

Joann Y

Precor 9.27 - just checked - 666.0  Weird and kind of freaky. Hopefully I don't summon the beast next time I go for a run.  Maybe I shouldn't have checked. Just realigned the belt. Been running great, no problems.

My question is, how many miles should I be expecting to get out of it? Anyone have an idea? I'm guessing 4000 or so would be reasonable but I have no idea.

Latent Runner

Hmmm, I'm somewhere north of 10,000 miles on my "treadmill"; that said, I run outside and have probably only amassed a total of two or three miles in my life indoors on an actual treadmill device.  Smile

Okay, I'll go away now.   Black eye

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
          • 2-mile: 13:49
          • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
          • 5-Mile: 37:24
          • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
          • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
          • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
          Joann Y

That's great. I have one of those too.

Feeling the growl again

Sole F63 went about 7000 miles, give or take, in 3 years.  7 decks, 2 belts, and various other parts replaced under warranty.  Then main board went and I junked it as the warranty would no longer pay for the decks which were only going ~2 months.

NordicTrack Commercial 1500, around 3000-3500 miles in 1.5 years.  Two decks, seven electronic consoles replaced under warranty.  Back roller was going when they agreed to declare it a lemon and give me a refund.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Runner100

last time I checked (can't remember the button sequence I used to display the odometer) I had about 3k on my 13 year old pacemaster. I've replaced the motor belt once but apart from that it works fine. I don't use it much unless the weather is really bad.

TJoseph

I have about 2000 miles on my Precor 9.35.  I have flipped the deck once and replaced the belt.  It needs a new belt and deck now though.

Supersono99

I got an F80 used and had looked up how to check mileage. I had hubby go look at it and the mileage was only 40 or so. When we got it home and I was looking at the manual, it has instructions for how to reset the mileage, so I have no idea if it was reset before I got it and I don't know if there is a way to check that.