Winning Streak! (Read 634 times)

gimme some sugar, baby

I had never won a race prior to two weeks ago but now I've got a two race winning streak and it feels great! I won a 5k two weeks ago in 17:00 (ran alone most of the way) and a 10k in 34:44 today (also alone most of the way), but both races felt pretty great even though the 5k isn't anywhere near my fastest. It's a really weird feeling but just wanted to let you guys know I'm doing the runningahead community proud! Thanks for all the support, and thank you Eric for providing such a killer log!
    George: Runner/Law Student
    www.gimme-five.com
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, that is awesome!!! You should be very proud of those accomplishments--I am certainly proud for you! Man, your times astound me...I think my 5k time would be almost twice yours! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Awesome!!! Cool Janell (ps - My 5K *IS* more than twice that...)

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

(ps - My 5K *IS* more than twice that...)
          Girl, I wish we could be running partners--sounds like we go at about the same pace. I get lonely running so slow all by myself... Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats George! I guess you've recovered from your marathon debut!
              Congrats, that is awesome! I'm also in the double your time plus club!! Big grin Keep it up!!
              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                Congratulations! Great times, and we do appreciate you letting us know. And, thanks for not embarrasing the forum! Smile
                My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                  Yes, please leave the embarrasing the forum stuff to myself, zoom zoom & wingz!! I can't speak for Janell, but I know Kirsten & I are quite skilled in that department! Of course, we do stupid things so often, we don't embarras easily!!
                  So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3