My shoe only lasted 35 days or 368 miles (Read 1589 times)

I can't believe this!  I use Asics Gel Cumulus for my shoes.  I've gone through more of them than I can remember.  They usually last me 6 to 7 months or 1500 to 2000 miles.  I know that might be pushing it, but none the less, my shoes were in great condition this morning, and then in the middle of my run today, I noticed this gash in the left shoe (see below)  I can't believe it!  I have no clue how this happened.  I almost feel like Asics should replace it for no charge.

What's left of my shoe

Ostrich runner

You might try asking them. That said, I'm sure they'd tell you to never wear shoes for 2000 miles. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Can you use them like that?  Think of it as extra room for your toes.  Smile

Can you use them like that?  Think of it as extra room for your toes.  Smile

I actually was using them like that.  But I'm not sure how many miles they were in that condition?  I am 100% sure though that they were not damaged when I slipped them on today.  I'm going to try using them for the next few days, until my new shoes arrive via US Postal. If they don't get along with me, I have some old shoes that will work for a few days. 

Prob outta switch to Mizuno then...   Big grin

(i work for Mizuno Running)

---------

KvnJns

Prob outta switch to Mizuno then...   Big grin

(i work for Mizuno Running)

+1

Kevin

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm sure our local running store would replace a pair under those circumstances.

Black-Toe-Nailed

They warranty a shoe for 500 miles, don't they?

BTW, I'm also in teh "long wearer" club. My K-Swiss Ironman IIare approaching hte 800 mile barrier Smile

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
                  then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
                  I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

I'm sure our local running store would replace a pair under those circumstances.

I wish I did buy my shoes from a store this time.  Since I bought them online though, I don't expect the vendor to replace the shoes.

Even though this happened, I'll continue buying them online, since I save around $40 purchasing them online. This is the first time after running over 10,000 miles that this has happened to me anyhow.

xor

They warranty a shoe for 500 miles, don't they?

I don't know who "they" are, but no, this isn't standard.  But stores (and obviously companies if you choose to go that route) have some wiggle room.  And for something like that, they might.

BTW, specific to Mizuno...

I have had one pair of shoes fail in this EXACT same way.

It was a pair of Mizuno Cabrakans (the first version from 3 years ago).

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I wish I did buy my shoes from a store this time.  Since I bought them online though, I don't expect the vendor to replace the shoes.

Even though this happened, I'll continue buying them online, since I save around $40 purchasing them online. This is the first time after running over 10,000 miles that this has happened to me anyhow.

Well, the online vendor might replace them too, but it'll be somewhat more hassle, and possibly shipping charges.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Is this what duct tape is made for?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Is this what duct tape is made for?

Smile

steph  

Shoe Goo for me.  I use about two tubes of Shoe Goo before the shoe is used up.  My current pair of Brooks Addiction shoes is at 2100 miles and good for at least another 100.  They do look pretty ugly, though.

I have my doubts about Asics covering my shoes under their warranty.  I do have over 300 miles on them, but that tear was not in my shoe before yesterday.   They'll just ignore that comment though, especially since their warranty is:

Consumer must be located in the United States
                                  ·   Product must fall within warranty time frame (two years for shoes,
                                   one year for apparel and accessories). The manufacturing date is located
                                   on the bottom of shoe labels under the tongue and typically starts with
                                   the letter “F”--the last four numbers of this code indicate the month
                                   and year. For example, F371108 shows that the shoes were manufactured in
                                   November of 2008.
                                  ·   All shoes must be returned in pairs
                                  ·   Product must not be altered, abused, or excessively worn.  Please
                                   note that running shoes are typically expected to last 300-500 miles.
                                   Returned shoes that appear to exceed these amounts may be considered to
                                   have normal wear-and-tear and excessively worn.