Looking to buy a Hydration belt any recommendations (Read 959 times)

xor

Bit of a tangent, but I'll stick this in here... I like the amphipod belts about equally to the fuel belts, though the amphipod bottles have wider mouths and that makes them easier to clean (at least compared to old school fuel belt bottles. They've changed the design of the fuel belt bottles in the past year or so). HOWEVER. I switched to handheld bottles a couple years back for all runs except those where I want little bottles of different fluids. And I can't tell you how much I HATE the amphipod handhelds. Actually, the design is mostly fine... but the bottles are awful. The threading gets whomperjobbed way too easily and the bottles leak after that. I had two different bottles get messed up on their second or third trips out the door. Given how much these hunks of plastic cost... well... no. The other day, I noticed from my bus that amphipod has an office here in Seattle. Heck, maybe they are HQed here. I've been tempted to get off the bus, go knock on the door, and show them how crappy their product is. In my opinion, of course.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And I can't tell you how much I HATE the amphipod handhelds. Actually, the design is mostly fine... but the bottles are awful. The threading gets whomperjobbed way too easily and the bottles leak after that.
      I've noticed that a bit, too...mine haven't started to leak, yet, but the threads are pretty crappy and I have to be really careful not to damage them when putting the ring of the strap around the top. I like the shape of the bottles, though. Round ones make my hand cramp up. Since my hand doesn't have to curve around the Amphipod bottles it's a much comfier set-up.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay