That Didn't Take Long: The 2014 Boston Marathon Conspiracy Thread (Read 682 times)

MTA: my response was supposed to be a quote of Tanya's thanking her for her post from previous page.  Not a "yes" and "thank you" to bap.

yes, exactly.  thank you.

We should listen for ourselves what Ryan Hall actually said, not what bap wants us to believe he said.

Listen from 15 seconds through 35.  Dang, it's only 2 minutes, listen to the whole thing.

Link here

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Walk-Jogger

Ryan Hall says his 2:17 was all part of a strategy to help Meb win. I think it's just an excuse for a terrible race.

Maybe Hall realized it wasn't gonna be his day and then decide to help Meb. No accusation of "excuse" is needed.

Retired &  Loving It

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Of course I wasted a lot of energy doing high-fives up until then. Darned Wellesley temptresses.

+1

robin from maine

http://therunnereclectic.com/

"How Meb Won Boston"

I thought that this was a very convincing analysis

Methinks just like some of the cycling breakaways that lead to stage victories, the big dogs did not take Meb as a serious threat and were unaware that he was in the shape of his life.  They let him go just long enough that he could hold them off for the win.  Good tactics and self-awareness by Meb, big oops by his competition.

Reminiscent of the unheralded bronze medalist in his late 30s at the Athens Olympics (the guy who got tackled by the nutjob).

joescott

We should listen for ourselves what Ryan Hall actually said, not what bap wants us to believe he said.

Listen from 15 seconds through 35.  Dang, it's only 2 minutes, listen to the whole thing.

Link here

Good advice, kercan.  Sounded to me like the decision was that the Americans were just  not going to *help* do the work for the Africans to chase down Meb.  That's quite a different thing.  And anyway, we've never ever heard of African runners helping each other out with rabbits and such.  Nah.  That's never happened.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Rockin

This race isn't nearly as suspicious as the 1982 race. Beardsley was side swiped by a press bus during the race and then cut off by a motorcycle cop just a hundred yards from the finish and still Salazar only beat him by 2 seconds.

BeeRunB

This race isn't nearly as suspicious as the 1982 race. Beardsley was side swiped by a press bus during the race and then cut off by a motorcycle cop just a hundred yards from the finish and still Salazar only beat him by 2 seconds.

I hate press busses. First it was the extra fluoride in my water, then the motorcycle cops in the treadmill room, and then they sent in the busses. Always a problem now for me at races. All part of a grand conspiracy to keep me from breaking 23:00 in a 5k.

jpdeaux

By the way, have they finally begun using electric security and press vehicles? Next time I'm winning Boston I hope I don't have to breathe motorcycle exhaust all the way to the finish.