What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

SMART Approach

Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale.    Not my favorite but had it for the first time on Saturday. Had to say it because of the name. A bit bitter for my tastes..

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Prince of Fatness

Merry Christmas!

Not at it at all. 

The best beer is free beer.  Second best is cold free beer

Any Belgian Trappist beer. This one is IMHO the BEST

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale.    Not my favorite but had it for the first time on Saturday. Had to say it because of the name. A bit bitter for my tastes..

Love that stuff.

Jeff

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thread over.

Terrapin's Wake n Bake coffee oatmeal stout.  Best in class.  Wow.  Fabulous.

Life is Good

shock top

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

smoothrunner99

Moved to California last year and fell in love with the west coast craft brews.  Lagunitas IPA is awesome.  Perfect for a post-long-run treat.

Prince of Fatness

Thread over.

Interesting.  I've had that one and it is good, but I like Founders Breakfast Stout more.  Hmm.  I may need to go to the beer store and get some of both so I can do a side by side comparison.

Not at it at all. 

Beware, batbear...

Thread over.

That sounds delicious.  I haven't had a really good stout yet this winter.  

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Interesting.  I've had that one and it is good, but I like Founders Breakfast Stout more.  Hmm.  I may need to go to the beer store and get some of both so I can do a side by side comparison.

Beer Advocate agrees with you.  They gave the Founders BS a perfect score, which I have never seen there.  I am drinking one now and DO NOT share their enthusiasm.  Yes, it is very good.  But relative to WnB, it is thin in the mouth with an astringency that comes from hops and alcohol, inadequately balanced by malts or sweetness.

Prince of Fatness

Beer Advocate agrees with you.  They gave the Founders BS a perfect score, which I have never seen there.  I am drinking one now and DO NOT share their enthusiasm.  Yes, it is very good.  But relative to WnB, it is thin in the mouth with an astringency that comes from hops and alcohol, inadequately balanced by malts or sweetness.

Hmm.  To be fair I had the Terrapin a year ago.  I remember it being very good, but did not have the "wow" reaction that you did.  I have a couple of bottles of Founders at home, so next time I am at the beer store I will buy the Terrapin and do a side by side comparison.

MTA:  I am doing a taste test right now.  The Terrapin is smoother and has a creamier texture, but I kind of like the bite that the Founders provides.  I'm not sure that I can decide which one is better.  if I had to pick a winner it would be me, just for the fact that I have several units of each on hand.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

if I had to pick a winner it would be me

FTW

On On

I did not read any more of this thread than this page so forgive my ignorance if already discussed.

My favorite imperial stouts:

Victory Storm King

Rasputin

Founders Imperial Stout (tried it tonight, decent but not amazing)

Southern Tier, I like their StoutX2 and their Choklat and Java Stouts

I love winter beers.  Settling in tonight for several.