I think I'm coming down with something... (Read 732 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sad And I know I jinxed myself. I think it was just yesterday that I posted somewhere on RA (the 2000 mile group, perhaps..?) that I have amazingly avoided illness since I started running last March. Well, I had an annoying tickle in my throat earlier that has turned into a bit of rawness and now my nose seems to be joining the action...and I am starting to feel achey and just really, really blah. I also didn't want to do my relatively easy kickboxing workout this AM, but I made myself do it. Probably just as well, since if I am sick I will likely not be doing much until the weekend. Poo. And wouldn't you know, we finally have weather above freezing, too. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

First think positive thought. Second think positive thoughts. Then just in case drink lots of fluids, eat fruit/veggies loaded with vitamin C. Good luck. Ewa
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
      RunningHammer

I didn't know women called catch "man-flu" !!! Tongue
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I, surprisingly, don't feel too awful this AM--even after not sleeping well. I'll see how I feel after I drop my son off at school. There have been a couple of times in the past year where I started to feel a cold or flu bug coming on, but then it never seemed to fully materialize. Perhaps the running has strengthened my immune system to the point where it can kick a virus hard before it gets too much chance to take hold. k

~ Sarah Kay

Hopefully it's just due to dry air. I've had problems all week first thing in am with sore throat and stuffy nose. It clears within the hour and I feel fine the rest of the day.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

madness baby

There have been a couple of times in the past year where I started to feel a cold or flu bug coming on, but then it never seemed to fully materialize. Perhaps the running has strengthened my immune system to the point where it can kick a virus hard before it gets too much chance to take hold.
              That would be great! My immune system seems to be going the other direction with the running however, as I get exhausted and sick pretty easily lately. I hope it all clears and that you are feeling great very soon, Kirsten! Smile
              deb
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, guys! It's weird...I do feel sorta weak and not quite myself, but I made myself run--the sun is shining, it's not too windy, and it's "warm" (well, at least compared to the past month it's warm, LOL). I took it pretty easy, but I definitely feel more wiped-out than normal after a single hour of running. I hope this is as bad as it gets...that would be nice to not get sick just in time for the weekend and my planned long run on Sat. k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

I love to eat 3 cut up cloves of garlic in hot llemon juice. Down the hatch right before bed and sweat that cold out
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...yes, I LOVE garlic! We are planning to have spaghetti for supper--I think I might add a bunch of fresh pressed garlic! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

Zoomy-I hope you feel better soon! I always go for soup when I'm feeling under the weather....with lots of seasoning Big grin
                      Walk + Jog = wog.
                      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                        Hey Kirsten! I'm so sorry that you're not feeling 100% but glad that you did manage to make it out. We got out this a.m. too (snowshoeing). Talk about a change in weather! Sunshine, hardly any wind...heck, we even heard birds singing! Did you smell spring? I swear I did. Hope you hang in there and whatever it is doesn't get ya! Be strong! Have a paczki! Smile
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I definitely smell Spring...though I'm sure we're not done with blizzards, yet...it's still only Feb.! Tongue Hey, how is snowshoeing in this weather? I saw snowmobiles out today and wonder if they run well when the snow is so wet and sticky. k

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, how is snowshoeing in this weather? I saw snowmobiles out today and wonder if they run well when the snow is so wet and sticky. k
                            Snowshoeing is great! We actually stayed ontop of the snow a little better because it's melted and re-frozen so a little tiny bit more solid. Also alot better off the path of the snowmobiles because the snow gets too packed- might as well just wear your boots on that! But it's so nice getting out in the woods...seeing where the deer were sleeping under the pines...hearing absolutely NO sounds except yourselves! You've definately gotta try it one day! A pretty good butt workout too! Big grin
                              Your making me really miss Washington state Sad I guess I could snow shoe here , but it just isn't the same.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You've definately gotta try it one day! A pretty good butt workout too! Big grin
                                I definitely want to try that someday...or at the very least get new boots and bindings for my cross country skis so that I can use them again! Oh, and speaking of my bug, or whatever it is. It seems to be following the same pattern that every bug has for about the past year. I start feeling like a cold is coming on, but it never really sets in. I feel crummy in the mornings when I first get up and after about 3pm, but from about 8am - 3pm I don't feel too bad. I mostly just feel sorta run-down. I wonder if this is a cold, but just a mild one. I think just bulking up on sleep may kick this. I want to be able to do my long run on Friday, since Sat. weather looks pretty gross. k

~ Sarah Kay