Another Team Daddyo Race (Read 472 times)

Go Pre!

Today we ran the Jingle Bell 5K in Burlington (just outside Toronto). Not too cold - around -1 - 2C or 26F. It was the first full field Daddyo Family event since Florida's Bay to Bay 12K - all 5 of us made it. Josh (19) paced lil' Cam (7) today but the cold kept Cam from being motivated enough to go full out. He was hoping to beat his PR of 26:30 but cold toes and cheeks scared him off. Plus, all of the hockey lately has certainly tired the little one out! Sarah (14) once again impressed us with a great performance, beating her best time by a minute finishing at 21:40 - good for 2nd place out of 42 in her age group. More hardware for Sarah! Anita (mrs Daddyo) ran her best time, finally breaking the 30 minute barrier with a time of 29:12. 20th of 86 in her AG. She is pretty happy with that. : ) I was hoping to break 22 minutes today but just didn't have the will to push hard enough. I thought I was heading for 23:00 but was surprised at the finish when I saw the clock read 22:05. Had I been paying attention to the time I may have pushed hard enough to get under 22 minutes. Why the hell wouldn't I look at my Garmin...what a waste! Still, not to bad an effort after the 3 week layoff after October's marathon....and...as humbling as it is, it was nice to see Sarah beat the old man. To think, she almost stayed home in bed after late night babysitting! Anyway, not too bad a day for the family. Dave MTA: I didn't warm up much (about 7 mins of light running). I know I should warm up more for 5ks, so feel free to chime in as to what your 5k race warm up entails.
      Where was the route? I was running out of LaSalle Park along Northshore Blvd, Plains Rd., the Valley Inn hill and York Blvd. on Sat. Good results, all around.

Go Pre!

Course: Start at Pearl and James to Lakeshore, right on Lakeshore to Maple , right on Hammond and then right on Lambs head then left on Richmond and right on Hager then left on Caroline and right on Pearl and left on Lakeshore to finish in front of Royal Lepage on Lakeshore. it's a nice route. We did a 10k there this summer (Eaton Electric Downtown something or other) which looped this same route twice. http://www.events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=2641 In retrospect, I think how lucky we were that the weather played nice. Dave
        btb1490

Not too bad a day indeed! Great job everyone!
            Congrats to the whole family!!

Jennifer mm#1231

Another Passion

That's so awesome, Dave. Seeing your whole family involved is so cool! Congratulations to you all. What a great bond. Big grin

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com